Sign in to follow this  
RW1

NVIDIA GeForce Hotfix driver 358.59 G-Sync

For those of you who have been suffering stutters and lag with your G-sync NVIDIA did the honors for us today with a hotfix, i tried it and its sweet now, also if you use a gaming mouse like me i run an 8200 dpi and it created terrible lag over the P3d menu`s, which is also fixed. Also on your main Nvidia Control panel at the top in the tab Display we G-sync users now have an interface that works inside P3d(and other applications as well).

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3798/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-358.59

tpewpb-6.png

again out of couriosity

Whats the benefit with these G-SYNC  monitors ? Also 4K and LED TV´s ?

I Have 2 XGTX 970SC from EVGA and running Project CARS on Ultra but in 1920x1200 today with SLI at around 75-90% and 60fps is no problem (sometimes even 120fps at Nurburgring with 35 cars)

Any recommendation towards upgrading my old 28" Hanns-G that matches my cards  mainly for P3DV3?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

again out of couriosity

Whats the benefit with these G-SYNC  monitors ? Also 4K and LED TV´s ?

I Have 2 XGTX 970SC from EVGA and running Project CARS on Ultra but in 1920x1200 today with SLI at around 75-90% and 60fps is no problem (sometimes even 120fps at Nurburgring with 35 cars)

Any recommendation towards upgrading my old 28" Hanns-G that matches my cards  mainly for P3DV3?

Thanks

Michael Moe

NVIDIA G-SYNC is groundbreaking new display technology that delivers the smoothest gaming experience ever. G-SYNC’s revolutionary smoothness is achieved by synchronizing display refresh rates to the GPU in your GeForce GTX-powered desktop or notebook, eliminating screen tearing and minimizing display stutter and input lag. The result: scenes appear instantly, objects look sharper, and gameplay is super smooth, giving you a stunning visual experience and a serious competitive edge.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fghQh0Y4oA4

Mike i will let you research, but you cannot go past ASUS monitors for G-sync... anyway they are awesome. best investment i`ve made.

tpewpb-6.png

NVIDIA G-SYNC is groundbreaking new display technology that delivers the smoothest gaming experience ever. G-SYNC’s revolutionary smoothness is achieved by synchronizing display refresh rates to the GPU in your GeForce GTX-powered desktop or notebook, eliminating screen tearing and minimizing display stutter and input lag. The result: scenes appear instantly, objects look sharper, and gameplay is super smooth, giving you a stunning visual experience and a serious competitive edge.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fghQh0Y4oA4

Mike i will let you research, but you cannot go past ASUS monitors for G-sync... anyway they are awesome. best investment i`ve made.

Thanks will look into it for sure,

There is also this DSR which i never have used . Any experince her ? Is it only via DVI ? any suggestions or should i just forget it ?

47" 4K monitor or a Gsync monitor hmm

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thanks will look into it for sure,

There is also this DSR which i never have used . Any experince her ? Is it only via DVI ? any suggestions or should i just forget it ?

47" 4K monitor or a Gsync monitor hmm

Michael Moe 

I only use DSR when i want to do 4K screen shots, G-sync really does not need DSR, its already sharp and clear without the pseudo resolution.... but using DSR for a 4K render is magic.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/Pbr

tpewpb-6.png

Hey, but does it means that G-Sync is now working with Prepar3D ?

Its been working since Nvidia made the option to choose between fullscreen/windowed mode in the G-sync Nvidia Control panel!!! and todays hotfix is the icing on the cake.... However your system needs to be able to give consistent FPS above 40.

tpewpb-6.png

Its been working since Nvidia made the option to choose between fullscreen/windowed mode in the G-sync Nvidia Control panel!!! and todays hotfix is the icing on the cake.... However your system needs to be able to give consistent FPS above 40.

Yes and i have the option in the ncp either for full screen and windowed...

With my G-Sync Asus Rog Swift 27" and 2x 980 Gtx, running other games like Dyng light for example, the g-Sync is working well, i can feel it and also sure because on the Asus RogSwift when the G-Sync is working the power light change from white to red ! 

Now in P3D v2.5 with my standard setting i am able to get stable 40 with GA planes and it doesn't work.. i all tryed to lower the setting to reach 60fps stable for testing purpose but still G-Sync doesn't work...

Now does P3D 2.5 or 3.0 (with setting that give us 40-60fps) takes advantage from G-Sync or not?

Yes and i have the option in the ncp either for full screen and windowed...

With my G-Sync Asus Rog Swift 27" and 2x 980 Gtx, running other games like Dyng light for example, the g-Sync is working well, i can feel it and also sure because on the Asus RogSwift when the G-Sync is working the power light change from white to red ! 

Now in P3D v2.5 with my standard setting i am able to get stable 40 with GA planes and it doesn't work.. i all tryed to lower the setting to reach 60fps stable for testing purpose but still G-Sync doesn't work...

Now does P3D 2.5 or 3.0 (with setting that give us 40-60fps) takes advantage from G-Sync or not?

So obviously you need to read my first post, forget the pretty red light and enable the G-sync interface in the main Nvidia Control panel, you will see it at the top under the display tab, tick it and your good, you need to use v3.0, its way more fluid than 2.5 and i`m getting far greater fps.. i`m using 144hz but also i use 60hz depending on the scenario.

tpewpb-6.png

I'd have to FPS at 144FPS to have any use of G-Sync

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I'd have to FPS at 144FPS to have any use of G-Sync

G-sync works in 60-85-100-120-144 and i have never needed to match the refresh rate in FPS, G-sync is obviously working at its optimum if your GPU is providing those ridiculously high fps, the indicator switches off/on around 30-40, below this is still stutter free and no tearing.

tpewpb-6.png

So obviously you need to read my first post, forget the pretty red light and enable the G-sync interface in the main Nvidia Control panel, you will see it at the top under the display tab, tick it and your good, you need to use v3.0, its way more fluid than 2.5 and i`m getting far greater fps.. i`m using 144hz but also i use 60hz depending on the scenario.

Hi Rick, thanks for your reply and the infos !

So please can you explain me, at the moment i have the 355.82 drivers from Nvidia on win7x64. Do i have to install the new drivers 358.50 and then applying the hotfix, right? 

With my monitor i tryed to run at 60 Hz but i get really bad tearing and if activating V-Sync (also changing aero theme in win7 if not it doesn't work..) getting more stutter.. So in the end i am using 144Hz V-Sync off and Fps looked stable to 41, it is smooth, but not yet like i want..

And you? please, could you share your setting using G-Sync? I mean you are running at 60Hz right, and V-Sync is it off ? Fps looked or unlimited?

Thanks a lot

G.

So please can you explain me, at the moment i have the 355.82 drivers from Nvidia on win7x64. Do i have to install the new drivers 358.50 and then applying the hotfix, right? 

With my monitor i tryed to run at 60 Hz but i get really bad tearing and if activating V-Sync (also changing aero theme in win7 if not it doesn't work..) getting more stutter.. So in the end i am using 144Hz V-Sync off and Fps looked stable to 41, it is smooth, but not yet like i want..

And you? please, could you share your setting using G-Sync? I mean you are running at 60Hz right, and V-Sync is it off ? Fps looked or unlimited?

Thanks a lot

G.

Just Download the Hotfix, and make sure you do a clean uninstall and remove all your driver remnants... use the DDU software... Here

I use 144hz normally and for DSR i use 60hz, Vsync and triple buffer is off inside P3D. fames unlimited.

tpewpb-6.png

Thanks a lot

G.

Hi, if you use the G Sync possibilities of your monitor, you must disable VSync.

To make the GSync efficient with P3D, in the NCP you have to check GSync enable in Full and Windowed mode

Gérard

Gerard P.