Sign in to follow this  
swiesma

Recommended Addon for Ground Textures / more Details

It's a personal preference thing. I'm partial to GEP3D and UTX and use openLC layered in.

But be aware that GEP3D and Global Base are incompatible. It's either or. 

Research, research and don't rush in. They are both happy to sell tomorrow or the day after.  :wink:  :wink:  :smile:

I have also gone the GEP3D and UTX route but don't you need Global Base for OpenLC, How did you manage to layer it in.

bob

I think I will go for UTX + GEP3D.

But i saw that there are more versions of UTX, for different regions.

So I buy this:

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=utxeurope

For Europe...

And this:

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=gexp3dworld

Right?

But they sell only the Academic Version of GEP3D here.

I am using P3d Professional, any thoughts about this?

GEX will work with the Pro version P3d. It does not look at the version your running it just backs up your current textures then installs. If you have the UT addon you can check a button to make it blend seamlessly with GEX.

It's sort of like Vector works best with FTX Global.

• Upvote 1

Sean Green

LM's sole purpose for P3D is purely for entertainment purposes and for flight simmers. Anyone who believes otherwise is blinded by Avsim eula topics that border on fantasy.

That statement is so far from the truth that it requires no reply.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Could you stop the OT please?  :wink:

Thank you!

It is as it is: The standard textures are "ok" but far from good and I guess I will try GEP3D and UTX Europe.

Let us know how you get on. 

Sure but this may take some weeks  :smile:

Thanks again for all the input...

So... I have gone the FTX Global + Vector + OpenLC way.

Installed everything (man, huge amount of data)... Then I started P3d without configuring anything.

I notice that the ground textures load in a strange way.

Do I need to set up or configure anything before using FTX?!

So... I have gone the FTX Global + Vector + OpenLC way.

Installed everything (man, huge amount of data)... Then I started P3d without configuring anything.

I notice that the ground textures load in a strange way.

Do I need to set up or configure anything before using FTX?!

Probably you should get an answer to your questions in the Orbx forum, I do not think you are the only starter with such issues and they will help you: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/

For all thinking of getting into FTXG: Orbx has 35 % discount on all stuff until year end, see here: http://www.avsim.com/forum/514-the-bargain-hunters-shack/

And if you want to read what components are needed for a step-by-step upgrade: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/#comment-681767

Cheers, Gerold

Spoiler

Hardware: Intel i9-13900K @ 4.2 Ghz, BENQ EW3270U (3840*2160), 32 GB RAM DDR5-6000, Gigabyte Gaming OC Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB, Samsung 980 Pro M.2: 1 TB (Win 11-System), Samsung 870 QVO SSD: 2 TB (MSFS), 2 * Samsung 850 EVO SSD: 1 TB (P3D 4.5 HF3) & 500 GB (spare). Scenery / Add-Ons: Lots of commercial & freeware sceneries. Plus REX Weather Force (MSFS), FS Global Mesh 2010, ActiveSky_P3Dv4, ASCA, EzDok v3, Pro-ATC/X and REX 4 Texture Direct (all for P3D).

I think you're the one that's confused.

LM's sole purpose for P3D is purely for entertainment purposes and for flight simmers. Anyone who believes otherwise is blinded by Avsim eula topics that border on fantasy.

That's patently false.  Quoting from the FAQ on Lockheed Martin's P3D website:

"Can Prepar3D be used for entertainment?

No, Lockheed Martin does not offer Prepar3D for entertainment, and we have no plans to enter the entertainment space. The EULAs explain that Prepar3D can be used for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment."

Consider posting facts, and refrain from posting about things you're unfamiliar with, and stating them as fact.

That's patently false. Quoting from the FAQ on Lockheed Martin's P3D website:

"Can Prepar3D be used for entertainment?

No, Lockheed Martin does not offer Prepar3D for entertainment, and we have no plans to enter the entertainment space. The EULAs explain that Prepar3D can be used for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment."

Consider posting facts, and refrain from posting about things you're unfamiliar with, and stating them as fact.

Stop it! Damit......

Regarding FTX global + Vector: should I add UTX?

Now I got it working properly.

Some screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/6KoSK

Awesome! I love it :)

Thanks for the help guys.

No downgrade in FPS... I am really pleased with that!

Regarding FTX global + Vector: should I add UTX?

To my understanding UTX is adding Landclass info to the scenery. Which would be slowly added with OpenLC by Orbx also. That would mean you have the choice between both for Europe already, where OpenLC does a really fascinating job.

But I cannot comment on UTX.

Cheers, Gerold

Spoiler

Hardware: Intel i9-13900K @ 4.2 Ghz, BENQ EW3270U (3840*2160), 32 GB RAM DDR5-6000, Gigabyte Gaming OC Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB, Samsung 980 Pro M.2: 1 TB (Win 11-System), Samsung 870 QVO SSD: 2 TB (MSFS), 2 * Samsung 850 EVO SSD: 1 TB (P3D 4.5 HF3) & 500 GB (spare). Scenery / Add-Ons: Lots of commercial & freeware sceneries. Plus REX Weather Force (MSFS), FS Global Mesh 2010, ActiveSky_P3Dv4, ASCA, EzDok v3, Pro-ATC/X and REX 4 Texture Direct (all for P3D).

I managed to get the first OOM CTD yesterday with the new Addons in V3 ;)

London with Autogen almost maxed, Aerosoft EGLL, FTX Global + Vector + OpenLC -> OOM

But that's ok in my eyes.

But at the moment I have no clue how to handle this. Reducing autogen should maybe fix this?