Sign in to follow this  
swiesma

Recommended Addon for Ground Textures / more Details

I think you're the one that's confused.

LM's sole purpose for P3D is purely for entertainment purposes and for flight simmers. Anyone who believes otherwise is blinded by Avsim eula topics that border on fantasy.

That's patently false.  Quoting from the FAQ on Lockheed Martin's P3D website:

"Can Prepar3D be used for entertainment?

No, Lockheed Martin does not offer Prepar3D for entertainment, and we have no plans to enter the entertainment space. The EULAs explain that Prepar3D can be used for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment."

Consider posting facts, and refrain from posting about things you're unfamiliar with, and stating them as fact.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's patently false. Quoting from the FAQ on Lockheed Martin's P3D website:

"Can Prepar3D be used for entertainment?

No, Lockheed Martin does not offer Prepar3D for entertainment, and we have no plans to enter the entertainment space. The EULAs explain that Prepar3D can be used for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment."

Consider posting facts, and refrain from posting about things you're unfamiliar with, and stating them as fact.

Stop it! Damit......

Regarding FTX global + Vector: should I add UTX?

Now I got it working properly.

Some screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/6KoSK

Awesome! I love it :)

Thanks for the help guys.

No downgrade in FPS... I am really pleased with that!

Regarding FTX global + Vector: should I add UTX?

To my understanding UTX is adding Landclass info to the scenery. Which would be slowly added with OpenLC by Orbx also. That would mean you have the choice between both for Europe already, where OpenLC does a really fascinating job.

But I cannot comment on UTX.

I managed to get the first OOM CTD yesterday with the new Addons in V3 ;)

London with Autogen almost maxed, Aerosoft EGLL, FTX Global + Vector + OpenLC -> OOM

But that's ok in my eyes.

But at the moment I have no clue how to handle this. Reducing autogen should maybe fix this?

I use photo scenery in the airport area if possible, which is most realistic in the approach. If you fly IFR and high, the default textures in P3D actually do not look bad.

If you nevertheless want to spend money, I would also recommend GEP3D / UTX or GEP3D / SceneryTech. SceneryTech landclasses are fairly priced and still usable in P3D.