Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

Orbx PNW for Prepar3d v3 has been released!

Title says it all...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Title says it all...

great news, been waiting for that.

bob

With still all airports missing I dont think I wouldnt use PNW in P3D3 yet. But non the less, thenks for the HU :)

Cheers!

Maarten

Getting there...  as Demious says, I'll be going onto P3D3 as soon as we have a full region with the airports too.  Can't waot.

Thanks for the heads up!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Getting there... as Demious says, I'll be going onto P3D3 as soon as we have a full region with the airports too. Can't waot.

Thanks for the heads up!

That would be ideal, but I think you're going to be in for a long wait.  Take advantage of the airport upgrades in the regional package.  

I don't think that airports will be a big deal. As soon as the objectflow.dll is updated, I'm pretty confident that most if not all airports will work fine in P3D v3. However, this will require an installation of a P3D v2 certified airport into P3D v3. Which is not a problem. The differences between v2 and v3 are minimal (if any) concerning sceneries. But I'm with Eric on the official installers. They will be a long wait...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

So my question is, could 3rd party devs find a meanes in V3 to centralize their files and do away with all these installers... Or reinstall for that matter?

It makes sense to have your content in your own folder and then change critical files if as needed.

Does anybody know what the delay is with Vector?

Ian R Tyldesley

WoltanUK....What delay? It has not been announced yet and there are no timeframe for the ORBX updated addons. The addons will be released when they are ready.  :smile: Read JV:s postings on the ORBX forum.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Meh

A lot of addon airports weren't even done for 2.5 - it's gonna be a while before they get to 3.0

I really miss some in the northern WA area like BVS, 0S9 etc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Does this require repurchasing the product? Link takes me to the buy page.

Jim

Jim Vasto

Does this require repurchasing the product? Link takes me to the buy page.

Jim

No, if you log into your account and go to your downloads, just redownload the file. No additional charge.

NAX669.png

Does anybody know what the delay is with Vector?

John noted that the updated installer had been completed by Pilots - should be fairly close to distribution...

So my question is, could 3rd party devs find a meanes in V3 to centralize their files and do away with all these installers... Or reinstall for that matter?

It makes sense to have your content in your own folder and then change critical files if as needed.

You make this sound a lot easier than it would actually be. There is a reason that many developer's products reside in the core folder, and many developer's sceneries and scenery utilities have been built around this.

Would you rather that the devs spend time doing what you are suggesting, or updating their content to work in V3 at all, and creating new content on top of that?

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato