Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

Orbx PNW for Prepar3d v3 has been released!

You make this sound a lot easier than it would actually be. There is a reason that many developer's products reside in the core folder, and many developer's sceneries and scenery utilities have been built around this.

Would you rather that the devs spend time doing what you are suggesting, or updating their content to work in V3 at all, and creating new content on top of that?

Not to mention they would make absolutely no $$'s while they do this work, unless they charge for updated installers.  Which we don't want.  We can't have it both ways.

Matt Webb

Meh

A lot of addon airports weren't even done for 2.5 - it's gonna be a while before they get to 3.0

I really miss some in the northern WA area like BVS, 0S9 etc

All of the FSX orbx airports will work in 2.5 fine. I've been using orbx airports since day one of V2. Once they got Objectflow.dll working for v2 all the airports worked fine,so I suspect it'll be the same for 3.0

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

No, if you log into your account and go to your downloads, just redownload the file. No additional charge.

Ok thanks got it loaded...

You know I almost feel that the default scenery in v3 looks as good or better then the PNW which is a bit long in the tooth now.. better performance as well. Makes me think that with the improved scenery in v3 3rd party developers are going to have to up there game to win customers over, but overall that's good for this community.

Jim

Jim Vasto

All of the FSX orbx airports will work in 2.5 fine. I've been using orbx airports since day one of V2. Once they got Objectflow.dll working for v2 all the airports worked fine,so I suspect it'll be the same for 3.0

+1. I did install the Prepar3d v1 versions into Prepar3d v2.x when the official installers weren't available yet. No problem at all. For some airports, e.g. PAJN, I didn't notice any difference, when the official v2 installer was released. Keeping in mind that the difference between v2 and v3 is much smaller than between v1/FSX and v2, I also wouldn't expect major problems with the airports. It's just that there are people around these forums which feel the need to tell anybody that it is something evil to install an add-on without an official installer. It's not! At least not, if you have some knowledge about how P3D works...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Ok thanks got it loaded...

You know I almost feel that the default scenery in v3 looks as good or better then the PNW which is a bit long in the tooth now.. better performance as well. Makes me think that with the improved scenery in v3 3rd party developers are going to have to up there game to win customers over, but overall that's good for this community.

Jim

I was doing some touch and goes last night in the PMDG NGX. I'm finding that I'm averaging 55-65 fps on final, at the major airports with stock scenery, most sliders set maxxed to the right . It just feels so fluid and awesome. And by fluid I'm talking about control response, sometimes things can look fluid at 30fps or lower but you can really feel it in control response.

I'm almost scared to start installing all my scenery addons again. Thinking of maybe just going with UTX 

I4790K at 4.6, Titan X running a 2K monitor

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

the default is not too bad around towns, but just been flying the Vancouver to Kamloops and then south towards Merrit etc.   - default is like desert  - orbx is way better in the boondocks.   And as for the default small fields . . .

I want my Vancouver+ and Tongass too . . .

I want my Vancouver+ and Tongass too . . .

Very good question! Is there any information available with regard to these two?

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Well,well. Couple of points!  first, sorry Docbird, was a rhetorical statement - while you can do a few things adding scenery library entries, never has been P3D installers for these, any version. 

While Vancouver Plus can still be purchased, the designer, Jon Patch, sadly passed away February this year.  nothing further been said about getting into P3D except some people say some success with the Migration Tool, but some complications with animations not solved. worth doing a search. I only had in FSX with scenery library entries for earlier P3D. 

Tongass fjords also, Holger  now works for OrbX  amongst other working on FTX SAK.  Instructions at OrbX and/or SAK use guide, from Holger, tell you how to get Tongass into P3D, with or without migration too.  Note, that dates back to 2.x of P3D, so don't know about v3.  search Tongass Fjords in P3D and look Misty Mooring links.

The problems come with the terrain.cfg entries which both bits software update but migration tool doesn't or didn't handle properly.  Holger gave info on what is needed for Tongass but you you'll have to search in Misty Moorings yourselves, I can't seem to post links . .

Other point!    On quality of PNW . . . not so sure about how much, PNW at least, better than default after all.  In towns or away from, when turned up the autogen a bit, seemed similar to say the least, though default gave me locked 60 FPS with Bonanza no problem. OrbX rather slower but still OK.  OrbX Vancouver better,  though not near as good as Vancouver Plus    ;-(

Alarming though, both default and OrbX have missing scenery - quite big.  On that shortish flight from Kamloops down to Merritt, noticed that Stump Lake, no little pond at that, is entirely missing in default and PNW FTX.  Wonder if was PNW just followed the default and missed it.  Must check more against mapping.  In this case was clearly there in Plan-G from Open street Map, also there in Google Earth, so . . . . 

think I'll lash out and try UTX V2 Canada as well!