Sign in to follow this  
ger

Help with CTD error MSVCR120.dll

Hi,

i didnt had any real problems with p3dv3 until a few days ago  , since then i can t finish a single flight.

When i m in the cruise for a few hours ,without touching the controls ,my p3d crashes when i trie to pop up the pfd or nd .

After checking the w7 logbook it shows the error is MSVCR120.dll.

Reinstalled  VCRedist_x86 and _64 but no luck

The complete error code :

Prepar3D.exe

560b4abe

NSVCR120.dll

12 .0.21005.1

524f7ce6

c0000005

000345ac

20c

01d104ddf359e7d0

D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe

C:\Windows \Sysytem32\MSVCR120.dll

90a116be-70f3-11e5-8cb9-c038962f4ad0

Flying the PMDG 777 , installed are only ASN FS dreamteam KIAH and the latest FSUIPC

Posted it allready in the P3D forum also but no answers ,

Hope someone can help

Thanks ,

Gérard

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 was used to make sure P3D and ASN was installed correctly. If it wasn't, you'll get this error. Reinstall P3D or ASN with UAC turned off, any anti-virus program turned off, and you right click the installer and select "run as administrator". Based on comments from others in this forum regarding ASN not working properly in P3D, recommend you uninstall ASN and see if this fixes the problem.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

allready uninstalled p3d and asn 3 times and reinstalled it .UAC is allways of (since installing W7 ),virus scanners were off during install and excluded the scanning of ASN and P3d afterwards ,and allways install and running programs as administrator ...

reinstalled visual C just minutes ago and try again , hope it helps otherwise gonna copy this file from my laptop into my gaming pc , i have been up for 2 night just to solve this problem

Thanks

Try moving your p3d.cfg to a temp folder, restart, and see if that fixes the problem.

Try moving your dll.xml to a temporary folder, restart, and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, then it is one of the modules loading.

You have the proper version of the Microsoft Visual installed. All I'm saying is that Microsoft Visuals are used by developers (i.e., LM) to make sure their product is installed properly.

You should also make sure you start up P3D as the Administrator every time. To do this, go to the main P3D folder, look for P3D.exe, right click this file and select properties. Under the compatibility tab, make sure there are no tick marks other than near the bottom where it will state something like Always Run this Program as the Administrator.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim thanks for taking the time  trying to help ,

Just tried a flight  KIAH EHAM , running as admin , with only P3d installed , ASN PMDG and fsuipc ,scenerys default , nothing more installed inP3d and on my pc ( it's my gaming pc _) took off , immediately autopliot on and let it fly , after 3 hours P3d stopped working with the NSVCR120 dll error

What i did notice when moving my dll.xml is that there are 2 dll .xml files , 1 in the  ProgramData Lockheed Martin Prepar3Dv3 folder and the other one in the usersname AppData Roaming Lockheed Martin Prepar3Dv3 folder wich are different from each other when you open them with notepad .

Gérard

re dll.xml, leave that alone, it is used only after the one in C:\Documents and Settings\aero\Application Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 is used, have you run in an admin dos prompt the command sfc /scannow , this would prove the integrity of your Win system (any 7, 8, 10)...

the error is an access violation , that means there is some file corruption somewhare...

Jorge

Hi Jorge ,

Yes i did run the dos prompt sfc scannow test but it gave me no errors ...

If it is a violation error why does it come up after 3-4  hours in flight without touching something , had happening the same when i pushed a button in the vc  after  2-3 hours in flight before the sim crashed by itself , when i pushed a button or pop up the pfd or nd i got the same error ...P3D stopped working ......and got the circling sign , when i clicked ok P3D shuts off...

now again on my way for the same flight kiah eham , allmost 2 hours in flight , just p3d and pmdg 777 , without ASN and FSUIPC ..all default settings and default scenerys .

if it crashes again the next thing i m gonna do is to load the 777 on a gate and let it just run with engines on

Don't know what else to do

Gérard

May be you are getting a hardware error, some memory filure or CPU over temp??  a disk failure? , run some mem tests and a disk check... are you Oclocking?? , this is as a last ressort ... give it a try..

Jorge

http://puu.sh/kIDhO/d7d86643a7.jpg

Hi Jorge,

my system was oc but also tested it with default clock speeds 4.0 because i had thought about it also but no difference , temp are 32 28 26 25 degrees Celsius ,custom watercooled system ,

Did disk check before i reinstalled P3d ,again no errors ,its on a seperate SSD drive 250 GB

Thanks Gérard

Gerard and I are already exchanging ideas in the LM forum but I'll chime in here for others.

This is a reproducible problem. Using Process Explorer, the only things using MSVCR120.dll are P3D, ASN and couatl. I've ruled out ASN.

I don't agree with Jim in that this dll is used to verify an installation, it is the Visual C++ Runtime library that anything developed in Visual Studio 2013 in C++ will have external references to this library for a large number of things.  I have Visual Studio 2013 installed and in use for most of the year.

Current status is I have five CTDs in every P3Dv3 session that lasts longer than about 2 hrs... not exactly in fact a little shy but anything less and there's no CTD.

Dan Downs KCRP

I don't agree with Jim in that this dll is used to verify an installation, it is the Visual C++ Runtime library that anything developed in Visual Studio 2013 in C++ will have external references to this library for a large number of things.  I have Visual Studio 2013 installed and in use for most of the year.

Hi Dan,

You'll have to Google that and you will see I am correct. Please do not install Visual Studio 2013 (or any other Visual Studio). You only want Microsoft Visual C++ 2013.

You say it is reproducible. It happens exactly at 2 hrs with the same flight plan? It is strange that it only happens to one or two people and not everyone who owns P3D. Again, I would recommend everyone move their p3d.cfg, dll.xml, and scenery.cfg to a temporary directory. The p3d.cfg and scenery.cfg will be rebuilt. The dll.xml is not needed and installed by third party applications. You want to return your installation of P3D to the default. Run the same flight and see what happens (you can run your 2 hour flight in a 4 times mode if you like). If successful, then suspect one of the three files you moved to a temporary directory.

Again, please remove Microsoft Visual Studio 2013. It is not needed to run P3D.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I installed Visual Studio last year to develop C# programs. It has nothing to do with P3D except the Microsoft C runtime library, which is available to anyone from Microsoft. The library is give an overview here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn448963%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

It is reproducible, it is not exactly 2 hrs and has happened on different PMDG aircraft and different routes... and it is strange that only two thus far have reported it.

PMDG is aware of this and by the way uses Visual Studio 2010 for development, thus not the same library.

Why would I remove Microsoft Visual Studio?? I don't follow your logic.

Dan Downs KCRP

Because it is not needed by the USER.  Microsoft Visuals are installed when you install new software if the MS Visual is not already installed.  LM does not install Microsoft Visual Studios to run their applications.  No one other than a developer should have it on their system.  I take offense with your comment Dan.  Not very polite at all.  Be careful....

Also, check page 7 of the AVSIM CTD Guide in regards to the Microsoft.net Repair Tool.  I have actually used this tool in the past and it has fixed by installations. 

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

This user uses Visual Studio, not to be contrite. I will look at the .Net repair tool. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP