Sign in to follow this  
ger

Help with CTD error MSVCR120.dll

The attached error occurs every 3-4 hrs of flight or just randomly.It seems the error is regenerated if only i click one of the Display Panels.
Any help is much appreciated.
Aircraft: PMDG 777-300ER sp1d with P3D v3 installer.
Addons: OPUS FSI,some flytampa & aerosoft scenaries,orbx ftx global,777 immersion.
H/W config:
i7 3970x
16GB DDR3 RAM

780 DCII OC SLI
400GB dedicated intel NVME pci-e SSD which i have set the installation path for P3D.
Untitled_2.jpg

Muntasir Ahmed

Hi  

I think there is already a thread on this here. 

http://www.avsim.com/topic/476406-msvcr120dll-error/

I think it's also being discussed over at the Prepar3d forum.  

yes but my setup & addons are different than his & also i couldn't find any solution on that thread.So,please if anyone can help.if this issue can be solved.i really need it.for the first time i am thinking of finally switching completely from FSX to P3D.

Muntasir Ahmed

hi ,,

still searching for an answer to fix this problem i thought i had it working yesterday but after 3.15 hours above the atlantic i clicked on the mic button so that the radio panel came up and it crashed with the same error , only installed 777 , asn and fb kiad ..

Latest test flight right now is p3d with def settings , def scenery ,only pmdg777 installed , raas excluded from the dll , no weather....no problems

support from LM is useless

Latest test flight right now is p3d with def settings , def scenery ,only pmdg777 installed , raas excluded from the dll , no weather....no problems

Appears your investigation of your crash is starting to work.  So, if you disable the RAAS entry from the dll.xml, no problems?  The RAAS that came with the PMDG 777 is known (by me) to not work properly and it causes crashes.  FSCrew has updated it for v3 (at least for the unlocked version which I own).  This is why we have always recommended in the AVSIM CTD Guide to disable selective entries in the dll.xml (or move it to a temporary folder but then any product that uses the dll.xml will not work).  We recommend deleting the p3d.cfg and disabling all of the addon sceneries in the scenery.cfg (in a future update, we recommend moving all of these files to a temporary directory and letting these files be rebuilt, including the dll.xml and exe.xml, if these files have been installed by an addon).  

You have to look at your installation.  Did the crashes begin when you installed P3Dv3?  No.  They started when you installed an addon (in your case the PMDG777).  That's the suspect, not P3Dv3.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

I did not say that the error is caused by P3D i said i m having problems running it with the addons.

The last 2 days i completed flights with the RAAS dll activated and only the 777 installed , but yesterday the sim crashed after i installed the FB KIAD scenery , so one might think it is the QUATL wich causes the problems since QUATL gives many problems too.

It is so hard to investigate where the problem is coming from, as i said i completed flights with the RAAS entry activated , when i installed ASN the next flight it crashed so it is so difficult to say what the problem is especialy because i completed flights with the777 and ASN both installed .

Why does the RAAS crashes after a few hours and not in the beginning, i don't have that much knowledge about errors but still hoping that RAAS is the answer for the problems.

Gérard

I m doing a flight right now with the 777 , raas deactivated in the dll and 1 scenery active , after landing i m doing the return flight but with ASN installed and RAAS deactivated ..

EDIT...RAAS disabled and ASN installed ..crash

7:20:55:0077-Error applying Shader Cloud Pop Fix to \\GERARD-PC\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\misc\SwarmCloud.fx: Kan bestand \\GERARD-PC\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\misc\SwarmCloud.fx niet vinden.

ASN can't find file SwarmCloud.fx....

Same problem here. It´s ridiculous. P3D v3.4 crashed after about 4h30m when enlarging the PDF or ND. Hello PMDG, we are your customers! So pls do anything. Hope the Aerosoft Airbus A330 will be released soon...

I would recommend you look at the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 10, in section entitled "How to Fix most Crashes/Freezes in FSX/P3D".  This guide shows you how to investigate with images to help you.  The first recommendation is to move your p3d.cfg and scenery.cfg to a temporary directory.  P3D has two places where the dll.xml and exe.xml is located so I would not move those files but rename them to dll.off and exe.off (check the folder where the P3D.cfg is located and the other location is in the folder where the scenery.cfg is located. Restart P3D.  The P3D.cfg and scenery.cfg will be rebuilt.  Please do not touch any of the P3D settings.  Leave them at the default.  The dll.xml and exe.xml are not default files so they cannot be rebuilt.  If no crashes, then the problem is in one of those files. I would first rename your dll.off and exe.off back to dll.xml and exe.xml (in both locations).  Restart P3D and see if the error occurs again.  If so, the problem is in one of the modules.  If not, move your scenery.cfg back and try again.  If there are still no errors, then move the P3D.cfg back.  If the crashes start again, then you know it was the P3D.cfg.  You probably had a setting set too high.

ASN can't find file SwarmCloud.fx

This was also discussed over at LM - http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113995&start=90.  Is the SwarmCloud40.fx in the ShadersHLSL/Misc folder?  If so, I would go to HiFi and submit a trouble ticket.  Meanwhile you can continue to fly but without AS16 until the problem is resolved.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10