Sign in to follow this  
motoadve

Need help cannot delete Lockheed Martin folder

I want to uninstal Prepar 3D v2

When I installed v3 I used the same folder Lockheed Martin.

So it was Lokcheed Martin with 2 sub folders, Prepar 3D v2 and Prepar 3D v3, that wasnt good because when intstalling add ons sometimes will go to prepar 3D v2.

Now everything has been deleted and uninstalled except for Lockheed martin folder, which contains Prepar 3D v2 subfolder that cannot be deleted either, because windows says it is being used by other program.

So until I cannot delete either Prepar 3D v2 or Lockheed Martin folder I cannot reinstal prepar 3D v3

Any ideas how to delete this folders?

When I want to avoid V2 folder I rename temporarily it to v2z

Other than that check the security and share under properties of the main folder you want to delete

Under security it says I have full control.

Although it doesnt allow me to delete or rename the folder.

Had a similar issue. There was a .ttf file in one of the subfolders the system wasn't letting go of. I just renamed it to a .txt extension and deleted it with no problems. Don't know if that is your case, but something to look into anyway.

Chris

I have some ttf files too, and renamed them to a .txt extension, but doesnt allow me to delete them, says file is open in system

I had a problem with v2.5 folder as well, but it was the fonts folder, i had to use the ASUS secure erase function in my bios... tried everything else...

tpewpb-6.png

I have some ttf files too, and renamed them to a .txt extension, but doesnt allow me to delete them, says file is open in system

May need to restart the PC. And if that doesn't work, maybe restart in safe mode.

Chris

Won't work.

Simplest way is to get a copy of either the Hirens Boot Disk CD or the Kasperksy Rescue Disk. Boot from the cd into a Linux shell and delete the file.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/kaspersky_rescue_disk.html

http://downloads.tomsguide.com/Hiren-s-Boot-CD,0301-51033.html

EDIT: beat me to it - which tool did you use? 

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

This is because the font is installed into windows as a link to the prepar3d folder. The easiest way to get rid of the fonts (glass guage if I remember correctly) is to open up two explorer windows.

- Map one to your pc name on the network and go to the fonts folder i.e. \\PCName\c$\Windows\Fonts

This will allow you to work with the actual font files. Delete the errant fonts.

- Map the other one to c:\Windows\Fonts which will allow you to work with how windows sees "Fonts", and you can unistall the newly deleted font from windows.

This should enable you to delete the P3D directory. In order to find the errant files, delete all folders that aren't locked, then delete all files in the locked folder, until only the errant files are left (the glass guage fonts).

This worked for me just a few days ago when uninstalling p3dv2...

fonts_zps9c1ydtva.png