Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Is there any chance of having the engines back?

Hi,

Its been a long time since flying the Ng 600, but SAS v fly it and I remember enjoying with TrackIR  how easy it was to look back and not only see the wings so close to the cockpit but clearly seeing the engines. 

Having bought the 600/700 again for P3D it was very disappointing to see your have chopped them OFF. 

Is there a way to have them back?

Please its a real shame  :fool:  :mad:  :vava:  :sad:

.......no chance but thought I would ask anyway :(

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

As I thought.....that's a NO then  :sad:  :Broken Heart:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I could be wrong, I'll check when I get home. But I'm pretty sure that with the very latest installer that I have the engines when I look back at the wings from the VC and from the wing views I use.

Dave

Dave Paige

I wish you was right Dave but none :sad:  

no.jpg

I don't see how you are ever going to see the engines from the cockpit without sticking your head out the window. Look at a top down view of the aircraft!

Dan Downs KCRP

I wish you was right Dave but none :sad:  

1 - The engines are a LOT closer in than that angle

2 - I doubt you'd be able to see them in any normal situation from the FD.

Kyle Rodgers

look at the 600 not 800,

Also I know when the 600 first came out, it struck me how easy it was to see the engine from the vc with trackIR.

PMDG must of changed it am 100% sure. 

This Screen shot shows how easy it "was" to see the engine.

en.jpg

I think the solution might be simple:

Inside the PMDG Operations center you should look if you have enabled the "high resolution virtual cockpit model" under 737 "performance settings". This used to turn on (high res) / off (low res) the "wingviewability".

It could be though that it doesn't work for 600/700 (anymore) e.g. because these two expansions are on the lowest (last) options level for the NGX inside the OPC.

I don't use the "high resolution virtual cockpit model" less because of performance issues but to avoid the GSX vehicles like 1L air stairs appearing behind the wings... :blink:

Hi Claus,

Just looked sadly am already on Hi.

edit it out since was thinking of the wing view and not the engines, didn't think I ever saw the engines using the vc view

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

look at the 600 not 800,

Also I know when the 600 first came out, it struck me how easy it was to see the engine from the vc with trackIR.

PMDG must of changed it am 100% sure.

This Screen shot shows how easy it "was" to see the engine.

en.jpg

That screenshot is like a telephoto lens, it's foreshortening the perspective. From the VC you aren't seeing the same angle. Look where the edge of the ground air truck is in your VC shot, compare that to where it appears in the external shot. There's no way the engine should be in view at that angle from the VC.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Kevin, I see you point,

But am 100% sure when the 600 came out the first thing that stuck me was how easy it was to see the Engine from the 600 VC. 

With all due respect

Sorry your wrong about not see the engine, when useing TrackIR, not the silly fix head axe's point within the sim.

PMDG have deleted the engine from view, it might have been when the did the WRX,

The VC screen shot I posted was poor.

This vie is to show were PMDG choped off the engine at the wing

From memory you could easily see 50% of the outer side of the engine. with little effort and no not using extream viewing angles to see that, this below is just to show the engine missing. 

look.jpg

Kevin, I see you point,

But am 100% sure when the 600 came out the first thing that stuck me was how easy it was to see the Engine from the 600 VC. 

With all due respect

Sorry your wrong about not see the engine, when useing TrackIR, not the silly fix head axe's point within the sim.

PMDG have deleted the engine from view, it might have been when the did the WRX,

The VC screen shot I posted was poor.

This vie is to show were PMDG choped off the engine at the wing

David, with all due respect, your memory is not sufficient evidence. I've just loaded the 736 in FSX to check what is visible.

The first screenshot is from an extreme position outside the cockpit area. It shows there is not an engine in the VC model. You can see the gap in the wing leading edge where the pylon should be and the shadow the external model creates of the nacelle.

736_FSX_1.png

The second shot is from a view as near as practical to the window, looking after. You can't see enough inboard enough to see the gap where the engine pylon should be.

736_FSX_2.png

Perhaps in reality you should be able to see part of the nacelle but in the NGX you can't. Just accept it as it is and always was.

ki9cAAb.jpg

All am saying Kevin is the engine was there when PMDG released the 600. In your second screen shot you would /should see a good hunk of the engine. I do find it annoying but will have to accept it, as I cannot see PMDG giving it back.

At my age my memory is poor :smile:  but you will just have to take my word for it, that's all I ask Kevin.

I just would love the model of the engine back, but its a small thing and I total except most people are not as picky as me. 

You began with a question about why the engines had been removed from the P3D version. I looked in FSX and showed that they were not there either. Beyond that I don't have any strong feelings either way. I don't recall whether the nacelle was visible or not four years ago. It seemed odd to me that the engine models might be deleted from the VC, but if they were no doubt PMDG had a good reason for it.

ki9cAAb.jpg