Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Is there any chance of having the engines back?

I don't think they were ever visible from the flightdeck in FSX either... although, something in the back of my head is hinting that they may have been visible in the FS9 legacy version. Definitely not sure about that.

Dan Downs KCRP

I think that seeing the engine from the flightdeck on the NG is more of a simism, a leftover memory from the original FS9 version iirc. I think in real life in anything other than the 600, you would have to stick your head as far left or right and forward over the glareshield up against the windscreen if at all to get a view of the engine.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I don't think they were ever visible from the flightdeck in FSX either.

Your wrong Dan  :Tounge:  :smile:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Or keep it like the real thing and not see the engine at all.

https://flic.kr/p/9eNd2W

On a 700, 800, or 900 the engine only gets further behind and out any sight line.

Did you take that picture David? I don't see any reference to it being a 600 and its with a 18mm lens, not a good lens for a true perspective.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

No I didn't take that pic. The aircraft is one of Westjet's, and as it has no winglets it is a 600.

Taken with a larger focal length will only decrease the chance of the engine being seen.

No I didn't take that pic. The aircraft is one of Westjet's, and as it has no winglets it is a 600.

Taken with a larger focal length will only decrease the chance of the engine being seen.

I was about to say that the 6 is the only one you'd see that much wing, that closely.

And at 18, you're going to have the best chance of seeing things, given how it starts to fisheye a bit at that length.

Kyle Rodgers

aircraft-boeing-737-600-registration-LN-

Kyle please just ask Robert or someone who did the original VC about the 600

Kyle please just ask Robert or someone who did the original VC about the 600

Ask them what? If you can see the engine nacelle that's physically impossible to see? I don't see the point of the picture.

Kyle Rodgers

No Kyle,

That when the 600 by you was released it came with the engines modelled from the view from the VC, I know they did and I know how easy it was to see the engines from the PMDG 600 VC.

For what ever reason they took them away but I would like to know why if that's possible. I trust PMDG modelling and I know they were there. So people are perfectly in tilted to there view on if IRL you can see them or not, but I stand by the view PMDG gave us when they released the 600.

It's not the hole engine I dont know why people blow it out of all proportion? you could see the outer half of the front engine.

It was a lovely view. I know they is very little chance if any of PMDG giving the original view back as an option but there is nothing wrong with me asking the question is there?

No Kyle,

That when the 600 by you was released it came with the engines modelled from the view from the VC, I know they did and I know how easy it was to see the engines from the PMDG 600 VC.

For what ever reason they took them away but I would like to know why if that's possible. I trust PMDG modelling and I know they were there. So people are perfectly in tilted to there view on if IRL you can see them or not, but I stand by the view PMDG gave us when they released the 600.

It's not the hole engine I dont know why people blow it out of all proportion? you could see the outer half of the front engine.

It was a lovely view. I know they is very little chance if any of PMDG giving the original view back as an option but there is nothing wrong with me asking the question is there?

David,

Have you considered the possibility that whatever you saw before, in terms of POV in VC, was wrong originally?  Just a thought.

Given that the physical structure of the forward part of the aircraft is curved outward, you would need to smoosh your face against the glass to maybe see a part of the engine.  You sure that maybe you weren't in another aircraft at the time, perhaps an Airbus A318?  Just asking, not trying to get you fired up. :)

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

So many real world 737 pilots in this forum, I would think one of them would have chimed in by now and finalized the argument. Part of why this form is so awesome, I've read threads where pilots would go and try something in the real aircraft after reading a quirk in the SIM to verify or not.

Hi Jim,

The Aerosoft 318/319 etc don't even model the wings. Silly imo but hey ho. Even more odd when you see the nav lights splash the ground and above nothing. Why model that also? moving on...

Am 100% sure Jim when I first bought the 600 for FSX the first thing that stood out was seeing the engines with TrackIR it unlike the 700-800 made it feel like it was a huge GA :smile: , no need to but your head on the window.  :vava:

The memory was so strong when I bought the 600/700 again for P3D, the 700 for SWA but the 600 was for SAS and to use that wonderfully baby again.

Jim you point that PMDG might of got it wrong and you could not see the engines (out side half) from the cockpit might well be a good point but I feel and only feel they got it right. :wink:

I know were your coming from Jim, no problem.

If you cannot see the engines in the real 600 when leaning forward and looking back at the wing is true I have no problem. 

The point here and the only point as ive never sat in a real 600 seat is the PMDG 600 clearly showed a great view of the outer half of the front of the engine and wing. Simple as that.

Hi Jim,

The Aerosoft 318/319 etc don't even model the wings.

Am 100% sure Jim when I first bought the 600 for FSX the first thing that stood out was seeing the engines with TrackIR it unlike the 700-800 made it feel like it was a huge GA :smile:

The memory was so strong when I bought the 600/700 again for P3D, the 700 for SWA but the 600 was for SAS and to use that wonderfully baby again.

Jim you point that PMDG might of got it wrong and you could not see the engines (out side half) from the cockpit might well be a good point but I feel and only feel they got it right. :wink:

If you cannot see the engines in the real 600 when leaning forward and looking back at the wing is true I have no problem. 

The point here and the only point as ive never sat in a real 600 seat is the PMDG 600 clearly showed a great view of the outer half of the front of the engine and wing. Simple as that.

David,

Well first off, I am not pointing any fingers at anyone for fault, just that my comment about seeing it one way before, may have been due to a glitch before that was fixed that no one caught, or perhaps the view you once had is unattainable now...just brainstorming here.  It seems the consensus is that you just don't see the engines.  I recall a video I watched a few weeks ago about the Airbus A380 engine incident that occurred some time ago with Qantas, and how one of the pilot's had to walk back into the passenger cabin to look outside to see what the damage was from the engines.  Yeah sure, she's a much bigger aircraft so the relationship of the wing position to the fuselage is greater but the takeaway to that is pilot's don't always have the luxury of seeing that everything is ok with the engines from where they sit...that's why they have computers at the ready to let them know. :)

So in Aerosoft's aircraft, you cannot view the outside model at all from within the VC?  I learned something. :)

I guess for now, whatever you do or don't see, is what it is.  I personally think it would be kinda cool to see them spool up while in the cockpit...maybe sticking the 'ol head out the window night help? Hehe

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit