Sign in to follow this  
BuggSmasher

Skylake Build with for 24" Triple Screens?

Hi Guys,

Anoth exciting PC build coming my way, and yours if you want to assist with confirming GPU card....Lol

I have tried doing as much research as possible and I am aware of the the nummber of tikes this question, or silular questions keep coming up. But you never know if there's someone out there who has a simular build just completed and are able to give the news. Maybe good, or maybe bad...lol

However were my question might change the angle of attack is that I plan to run Tripple Screens, 1x 24"ASUS MK241H with 2 new x Dell U2412M, all 1920x1200 native. 

I am planning to play, I mean seriously fly, FSX-SE.

The three cards under consideration are:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB G1 Gaming Edition Graphics Card
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980  4GB G1 Gaming
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB

My build list:

Intel Core i7 6700K Skylake Quad-Core CPU LGA 1151
MAXIMUS VIII HERO Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero Socket LGA1151 ATX Motherboard – DDR4
Noctua NH-D15 Multi Socket PWM High Performance CPU Cooler
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB G1 Gaming Edition Graphics Card
Corsair HX1000i 100 Watt Fully Modular 80+ Platinum Power Supply
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2666MHz RAM, Black – CMK16GX4M2A2666C16
Samsung 850 EVO Series 500gb 2.5in SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate
LG DVD/CD

So the thousand dollar question is: Would the GTX 980Ti  6GB have an advantage over the GeForce GTX 980 4GB, with the demand of Tripple screens, and justify it's extra expense?

I really appreacite your answers, or I hope I will.

I do appologies for bringing up the question of comparisons again, but I feel that the triple screen demand might make a difference?

Hi I just purchased this card on Monday of this week and I am rather busy setting up FSX at this time but I have installed Digital Aviations Piper Cheyenne and Level D 767-300 and also added the fly tampa Lester B Pearson airport and Ultimate Terrain USA latest version and Canada is on it's way from blighty. But did a little testing to day and I am glad I made the Card purchase. By the way I am using 2 screens at this time not three but who knows .

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB

John

Nice card

I am weighing up between the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti G1 and the ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti Strix. So I am curious as to what Mo-Bo you went with Asus or Gigabyte?