Sign in to follow this  
Paladin

Upgrade to Pro V3

I have noticed that there are different options for Addons.  For example, PDMG offer their 737, 777 with an option for Professional or Academic.  Does this mean that, for example, an Academic 737 will not install correctly within a Professional licence.  Thanks for looking.  Regards.

Maurice.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Afaik only the licenses are similar. So if you officially apply for the Pro license of P3D, you also officially apply for the Pro license of PMDG. At least that's how it is with A2A. Either 'version' of the plane installs in either sim. It's a very easy and convenient way to get more bucks out of loyal customers... :hi:

Thanks for the super quick response Jeroen.  I have finally got V3 to load. I "upgraded" from V2 Academic to V3 Pro, hopefully offering "greater" support for the product.  I had to unload V2.5, same PC, before I was able to get V3 to run, bit disappointed with that and only then noticed the differing prices for addons.  Thanks again.  Regards.

Maurice.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Thanks for the super quick response Jeroen.  I have finally got V3 to load. I "upgraded" from V2 Academic to V3 Pro, hopefully offering "greater" support for the product.  I had to unload V2.5, same PC, before I was able to get V3 to run, bit disappointed with that and only then noticed the differing prices for addons.  Thanks again.  Regards.

Maurice.

Greater support, first time I heard that mentioned......

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Greater support, first time I heard that mentioned......

Absolutely not correct. Their official support forum is open to all users and their response is not predicated on the licensed version.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Absolutely not correct. Their official support forum is open to all users and their response is not predicated on the licensed version.

Vic

I read "hopefully offering "greater" support for the product" as 'I went for Pro because I want to support this sim'. So I presumed Maurice spend more money to support LM and the development of P3D. If he indeed thought he would be getting more or better support being a Pro user, then he is wrong indeed.

Jeroen is correct in his assumption.  I am not expecting "superior" support by owning the Pro version.  I have had no issues with V2, I didn't jump in at V1 and am looking forward to a similar experience with V3,  **when** all the required installation procedures for currently held addons become available.  I don't want to "try this, try that" to get something functioning [maybe] correctly by messing with installers etc.  Probably a long[ish] wait, but, at 71 years old, I will do the waiting.

Regards,

Maurice.

EDIT:  Don't know joemiller, sorry.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

I have noticed that there are different options for Addons.  For example, PDMG offer their 737, 777 with an option for Professional or Academic.  Does this mean that, for example, an Academic 737 will not install correctly within a Professional licence.  Thanks for looking.  Regards.

Maurice.

Maybe I'm missing something here but I have never seen a Pro or Academic version in any of PMDG's P3D products, and it was certainly not the case when I bought my 737/777. For example the licencing for the NGX is as follows:

"This PMDG 737NGX license is compatible with any Lockheed Martin Prepar3D license level."

The questionable practice of charging different prices for the same addon only seems to be used by A2A and Flight1 (and maybe one or two more?). This kind of thing will only result in pushing people towards Academic.

Jeroen is correct in his assumption.  I am not expecting "superior" support by owning the Pro version.  I have had no issues with V2, I didn't jump in at V1 and am looking forward to a similar experience with V3,  **when** all the required installation procedures for currently held addons become available.  I don't want to "try this, try that" to get something functioning [maybe] correctly by messing with installers etc.  Probably a long[ish] wait, but, at 71 years old, I will do the waiting.

Regards,

Maurice.

EDIT:  Don't know joemiller, sorry.

Being a few years older than you and a pilot for many decades, I learned that rushing into things sometimes is not the best and safest way to go. I was flying 2.5 last evening and marveling how all the programs that are running simultaneously have to work together perfectly each time I fly. The Q400, Pro ATC, GSX, ASN, My Traffic6, Aerosoft Airbus. and if one get's wonky, the entire experience is ruined. In my opinion, changing the base program that everything is running on, is a gamble, until everything is checked out by hours and hours of flying. Take for example the Q400 and V3, apparently according to the majestic folks, something was removed from V3 that the Q400 needed for it to function properly, which will only be fixed by an update to V3. I am sure there will be patches and hot-fixes to come along in the next few months, and when all that is tested that is when I will make my move. My idea of installing an add on , is to hit a button on the installer and watch it install and then work properly, not to have to edit files, create directories, fiddle with this and that,  etc.etc.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310