Sign in to follow this  
philipp00sk8

P3D V3 WOW...go buy it guys

Hi guys

First of all that's i thinks that's the first time a write on the Avsim Forum...i read a lot in this forums and lots of you guys help me a lots the resolved some bug i had just by reading on this forums...

I play flight simulator since 2002 and 90% of the addons for the games like aircraft, scenery, utility etc....

Since to month ago i was an anti-P3D i just flight FSX or FSX-steam...but more i read on P3D more a found the platform intersesting...one day a decide  to buy the version 2.5...in the beginning i'm not was impress at all for my that's looks like more like FSX with more OOM and less FPS...i found some tricks in the forum that help me to improve 2.5 and a the end thats was the same thinks of FSX. When P3D 3.0 was released i was still in the 60 day refund but before i buy it a read in the forus a lot of comment on V3. I like to read guys like  Rob Ainscough because this guys give you the right time on a addons or something else and guys like Froogle sim on youtube. So this guys on the small opinion they tell about P3D V3 they say that's a worth to buy. So a refound my 2,5 and buy v3...

My computer is a i7 980x oc at 4.2

780 Gtx

8gb of ram

ssd samsung pro

i Have a average machine if a compare to some guy they buy jetlines systems

First of all i install p3d with ASN, Flytampa CYYZ, Aerosoft A319, Ftx global, dreamflight MDPP, GSX

P3D Maxed out exept Shadows, special effect, traffic air/ground and texture is 512x512

i had the same spec on 2.5

First flight i do is CYYZ-MDPP-CYUL

25 fps at CYYZ

60 fps in the air

30 fps at MDPP

with only 2.3 vas use

so i make the come back flight to CYUL Flytampa too with out close P3D

at the end at  CYUL 25 fps and still 1.3 vas to go

all this was impossible with 2.5 and fsx

So guys don't wait and go buy it

Sorry for my english i'm French Canadian ;)

Have Good Day

Philippe Tremblay

Thanks for the review Phillippe.  Am still deciding if I'm going to purchase or not.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Thanks guy

Just finish another flight From CYUL fly tampa to MDPC taxi2gates with all the same setting on final with 40 fps and 1,4 vas to go...crazy performance

Philippe Tremblay

Welcome Philippe!

Your system is more than capable of running P3D very well. Coming from FSX and SE, the only things I would caution you about are:

1) do NOT just apply the tweaks that worked for FSX to P3D. In most cases they are already included and not needed and

2) Remember that generally the "normal" slider setting in P3D is equivalent to the "Dense" setting in FSX so make your settings accordingly.

Other than that - just enjoy and if you need help - we are here to help.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Salut Philippe,

Évaluation intéressante avec laquelle je suis entièrement d'accord. Comme on dit de quelque chose qui fonctionne bien, 'Ça roule'!

Bons vols,

JJ

Merci jean-jacques

For vgbaron :

You right sir The only thing i tweak in the cfg files is the affinity mask

Fir captainlychock :

When fsx user realise thats a miles in fronts of the the other version of P3D they will switch

Philippe Tremblay

To everyone debating on it, dont. Its so worth it!

+1 definitely!

Ian S

38.jpg

It's a solid product, but I still can't fly in it yet because of the controller assignment problem that results in my aircraft pulling severely to the right. I really wish that LM would at least state that they are working on a resolution to this problem. It is extremely annoying, and I don't consider having to purchase the registered version of FSUIPC as an option. I shouldn't have to.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Isn't it about what you want to, instead of what you have to?

It's a solid product, but I still can't fly in it yet because of the controller assignment problem that results in my aircraft pulling severely to the right. I really wish that LM would at least state that they are working on a resolution to this problem. It is extremely annoying, and I don't consider having to purchase the registered version of FSUIPC as an option. I shouldn't have to.

Yep. Try setting the gyro slider all to the left in the meantime

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Yep, P3d v3 is quite impressive. I was surprised also with putting almost all slider right with good performance.

Une belle évolution du simulateur que LM nous a préparé.

Bienvenu sur le forum...

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...