Sign in to follow this  
bthiago

After long load on Prepar3D V3 and it loaded I get Black Screen and nothing else shows.

Hello Simmers;

I installed the Prepard3D V3 pro. It was loading fine, but all of sudden, when it loads the flight, it only shows a black screen. No error, nothing. Just stay black, like its still loading. The only thing I was able to work so far before it happened was the REX4 with Soft clouds. Also sometimes, it just keeping loading and the sim doesn`t open. Do you guys think is the Nvidia Driver?

My PC specs are:

Intel I7 2600K
 2 x ASUS GTX 660 Ti SLI

8 GB RAM

Wind7 64bit

My%20Signature.jpg

Hard to say - first guess is that you have a corrupt fxml file

Try deleting the shaders folder (appdata\local) and see if that helps.

Also delete or rename the Prepar3d.cfg file and see if it loads.

Are you going straight into a flight or do you load the Scenario screen first?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Probably a silly statement But did you leaved it for a little while,  its not the shaders building no ? 

vgbaron;

I was able to get into the scenerio, but when it loads to the scenery I can`t see anything. Just a black screen. I`m also running in windowed mode. Try to delete the CFG file and nothing. I`ll try the shaders folder.

Poppet, what do you mean leaved it for a while? It`s the one time thing of the load?

Thanks,

Thiago

My%20Signature.jpg

Check your Prepare3d.cfg for:

[sTARTUP]
LoadWindow=1

(near the end of the file)

I tried LoadWindow=0 thinking it was the setting to show the startup window or not and I had the same black screen issue you describe.

Like i said it was probably a silly statement, but when i delete my shaders folder OR do a fresh install my screen stays black for ages but eventually comes on 

vgbaron;

Try to delete the CFG file and nothing. I`ll try the shaders folder.

Were you able to delete it and nothing changed or you were NOT able to delete it?

What flight are you trying to load - default or custom?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Are you starting from a saved scenario?  Try deleting (or moving) the scenario files out of the P3D documents folder and it should load back to the original default state. 

This was happening to me when I saved a flight with the PMDG NGX at FSDT's KFLL as the default flight, and then the next time I loaded the sim everything went to black after it finished loading.  No idea why it happens.

Tony

Like i said it was probably a silly statement, but when i delete my shaders folder OR do a fresh install my screen stays black for ages but eventually comes on 

It does seem to take forever in v3 dunnit? :)

Ok,

I don`t know if the Jim suggestion worked, but I also update the graphic driver and I was able to open fine. Started at the airport. than I stated playing with the sliders to increase the quality of the sim... Than few more... I was hitting 13 FPS on heavy storm day and all of sudden crashed.  

I forgot to mention that I`m using a separate SSD drive for the Prepar3D V3 from the Prepare3D V2.5, Do you think it can be a problem?

It is also taking longer to shutdown the PC.

What is happing????? Rrrrrr

Trying know to delete the Shader folder and nothing.

My%20Signature.jpg

Ok,

I don`t know if the Jim suggestion worked, but I also update the graphic driver and I was able to open fine. Started at the airport. than I stated playing with the sliders to increase the quality of the sim... Than few more... I was hitting 13 FPS on heavy storm day and all of sudden crashed.  

Not to to be the bearer of bad news but you may have a bad video card or a power supply  - this will cause these issues - might want to look into it - put your video card thru a stress test for starters pc shuts off that will tell you a lot

Also you are running sli you must test them one at a time to figure out which one is bad

Get a program like hardware monitor it will tell you the voltages on your power supply - they should be be pretty much the same for the 3 rails

My money is on a damaged graphics card

Rich Sennett

Make sure the onboard Intel GPU is disabled in Windows or BIOS, it may interfere with the operation of P3D

After changing setting and the sim crashes, I have seen this on restarting the sim. The Sim starts but no spash screen appears and the screen turns black. If you click on the screen with the mouse you get a ping and if you hit esc. the menu that shows create senario, continue, exit prepar3d etc. appears. If you close the sim and restart the thing just happens again.

I have seen this a couple of times since installing V3 usually after a change like installing an addon.

You said that you have tried deleting  appdata/local/lockheed martin/shaders and you have tried deleting your Prepar3d.cfg

Did you try one then start the sim, that didn't work, then try the other start the sim and that didn't work either?

Or did you delete both the shader file and the Prepar.cfg and then restart the sim.

The later fixes this problem for me!