Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin Bavel

777 for P3D V3

Hey guys,

I have the 777 Base for P3D V2.X.  I was wondering if we will be getting an upgrade / compatible version for the new P3D V3 that was just released?  Couldn't find anything yet so I believe I am the first one posting this question.

Benny

Hey guys,

I have the 777 Base for P3D V2.X.  I was wondering if we will be getting an upgrade / compatible version for the new P3D V3 that was just released?  Couldn't find anything yet so I believe I am the first one posting this question.

Benny

If you log into your PMDG store account, you can download the updated v3 installers. (for free)

They were released a few weeks ago.

You need to put your full name in your posts or it will be deleted....

EDIT: I see you are a new member, it may take a little while before you can configure a signature to apply to all posts.

Yes i logged into my account last night and re downloaded the 777 installed,   installed it without a problem 

If you log into your PMDG store account, you can download the updated v3 installers. (for free)

They were released a few weeks ago.

You need to put your full name in your posts or it will be deleted....

EDIT: I see you are a new member, it may take a little while before you can configure a signature to apply to all posts.

Thanks 77west.  I am still new and I can't add a signature or change my username.  I'll check out the PMDG store...

Benjamin Bavel

Hi Benjamin,

Click on your name at the top right of this page, choose My Profile, choose Edit Profile. Then you make

all the account settings that you require.

Good flying!

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I have to second to this. I did log into my account, navigated to my order page, where the installer is. It seems unchanged. The file size is exactly the same as the one I used to install PMDG 777LR/F base package for p3d v2, and I have no indicator that this is indeed designed for p3d v3. Is there a way to distinguish whether or not I'm getting the p3d v3 version of the installer?

-Damian Jez

Hello Damian. I just downloaded the file, installed it and works perfect, no probs.

I remember a few days after P3D V3 came out, I repeated the installation process, with the assumption that the download link on my order page has the updated installer. I am not convinced I have the updated installer, but I installed it anyway. I am not sure if I am flying the PMDG designed for p3d v3 at the moment

Coincidentally, I am having some concerns:

1) I load flights, my plane goes off course (with LNAV enabled), or sometimes, it overspeeds / plummets upon loadup. I did simulate the time by 16x, but I went back to normal rate a minute or so before saving that flight.

2) What will be of my license? When I had p3d V2, I forgot to deactivate my PMDG license in the FMC. When I installed P3D V3, I downloaded the file from my PMDG order page (again, I doubt it is the V3 version), and when I installed PDMG, I was not asked to activate a license. Can someone link me to website where it is explained how license use works? How many licenses am I allowed, etc. ?

- Damian Jez

I remember a few days after P3D V3 came out, I repeated the installation process, with the assumption that the download link on my order page has the updated installer. I am not convinced I have the updated installer, but I installed it anyway. I am not sure if I am flying the PMDG designed for p3d v3 at the moment

Coincidentally, I am having some concerns:

1) I load flights, my plane goes off course (with LNAV enabled), or sometimes, it overspeeds / plummets upon loadup. I did simulate the time by 16x, but I went back to normal rate a minute or so before saving that flight.

2) What will be of my license? When I had p3d V2, I forgot to deactivate my PMDG license in the FMC. When I installed P3D V3, I downloaded the file from my PMDG order page (again, I doubt it is the V3 version), and when I installed PDMG, I was not asked to activate a license. Can someone link me to website where it is explained how license use works? How many licenses am I allowed, etc. ?

- Damian Jez

When you ran the installer that you downloaded, if it installed into P3Dv3 successfully, you have the correct version. You can also verify the version number by checking your PMDG operations center, the version for the 777 should be 1.10.6492

RE your license, I believe if you are re-installing on the same PC, the FlexNet licensing service knows this and will not ask you for your details a second time. If, like me, you were installing onto a new PC or fresh build of Windows, then yes, you should de-activate the license.

I have to second to this. I did log into my account, navigated to my order page, where the installer is. It seems unchanged. The file size is exactly the same as the one I used to install PMDG 777LR/F base package for p3d v2, and I have no indicator that this is indeed designed for p3d v3. Is there a way to distinguish whether or not I'm getting the p3d v3 version of the installer?

The file size is similar/same because all we did was teach the installer that a v3 path might exist, and if so, to install there. The proof that you're on the right version is that it installed into v3.

1) Some computers do this and I don't know why. If it's only doing this while it's initializing, put the plane in slew mode until the init is done (the countdown at the top disappears), and you should be fine. If not, there's a link in my signature for our support site to report any issues. Please be as specific as possible.

2) A P3D license is a P3D license as of now. As mentioned in the Intro Manual (where you could go to get some official info on the licensing service, among other things related to our products, instead of asking here), the ONLY times you should return the license are:

• when changing hardware
  • when changing computers; or
  • when reinstalling your entire operating system.

Since none of those conditions are met by "installed new version of a sim," there is no need to return the license. The license was there the entire time, so FlexNET saw it, and didn't ask you for your key.

Kyle Rodgers