Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

What file do you delete to allow Xplane to start at default airport?

For some reason, where Xplane has decided to plunk me down, after all scenery loads, I last 6 seconds before a constant CTD.

So, what file, and where is it, to delete, so Xplane will start at its default airport and with the default plane?

Until I know...I can't run Xplane.....it keeps crashing 6 seconds into placing me at an airport.

Ah....er...HELP!   ;)

I know there is a file that XPlane writes just after you close it down to remember the nearest airport for the next startup as well as the last airplane you flew. It is that file that I need to find and erase/delete....

Mitch

There is a preferences folder under output , delete it and it will revert back to the default airport and airplane but it will also delete your joystick and graphics sets.

Have you loaded any plugins etc... maybe those could be a reason for a CTD. Always check the log.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Mitch

There is a preferences folder under output , delete it and it will revert back to the default airport and airplane but it will also delete your joystick and graphics sets.

Have you loaded any plugins etc... maybe those could be a reason for a CTD. Always check the log.

Thanks HumptyDumpty....I was just coming back here, to type that I found the same solution...but did it another way. I brought back all the contents of the OUTPUT/PREFERENCE folder, from a back up copy I have on another disk. That did the trick. It loaded me into another region, and with another aircraft. I'm back up and running. I suggest that everybody make a back up of your OUTPUT/PREFERENCE FOLDER right away, so if you ever shut down, and it is in an area that might have some conflict with any custom airport that you didn't know about...this will allow you to START at an airport with no (possible)CTD conflicts...and will also save all your settings.  I highly suggest you do this ASAP!  Remember..if you leave XPX while in flight...on your next load...XP will decide which airport from the region you were flying over, to load in on the next use...and THAT was what caused my problem. I did not land at an airport...and so...XP grabbed one from the radius region...which apparently was causing me a CTD.

Thanks again Humpty....your solution would have put me back to default as I asked help for...but in making a back-up of this Pref folder...I saved myself all my custom settings...and got myself away from being loaded into a CTD scenario, that kept crashing with every start-up attempt, that I will now try to resolve.

Thanks again....

Mitch

Mitch,

great you got it solved have a nice flight and some more of those night shots :)

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Mitch,

great you got it solved have a nice flight and some more of those night shots :)

...will do...am now playing around with the AirFoilLabs C172 v1.40....see what differences between this and v.31....