Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Do you have planes with older outdated AIRFOILS?!? Here's what to do:

Open up  AIRFOIL-MAKER (in your root XP folder) and then drop down the FILE menu.

There you will see an entry to convert all your aircraft foils to the latest v7 versions. This will automatically sniff out all your aircraft...and then do the conversion. This is especially important for ROTOR aircraft...for pivotal calculations on the rotors. This will give you all the 'juice' built into XPX.41.  It's a snap to do...and will allow older aircraft to be opened for use...without a crash because the airfoils did not meet the spec's that XPX.41 expects to find.

Ses

Yes, it works :-)  Thx Ses!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks for the info! 

Is this safe to do when we own payware helicopters that may be using plugin or other adjustments to the default flight model? The Bell 412 is getting frequent updates (and there's a new one pending), so I'd assume the developer already has this built into the model. But the BK117 hasn't been updated in a long time. 

If it's just something that makes the existing flight model "more better" without altering the helo performance out of spec, then that's great.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Thanks for the info! 

Is this safe to do when we own payware helicopters that may be using plugin or other adjustments to the default flight model? The Bell 412 is getting frequent updates (and there's a new one pending), so I'd assume the developer already has this built into the model. But the BK117 hasn't been updated in a long time. 

If it's just something that makes the existing flight model "more better" without altering the helo performance out of spec, then that's great.

You can have this feature bring everything up to v7 as an auto-run, or select each aircraft folder for targeted updating, by the user.

You can have this feature bring everything up to v7 as an auto-run, or select each aircraft folder for targeted updating, by the user.

Thanks for the info. That means I can just back up the folders with payware helicopters outside X-Plane, do the auto-run update, and then copy the folders back if there's a problem.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Thanks for the info. That means I can just back up the folders with payware helicopters outside X-Plane, do the auto-run update, and then copy the folders back if there's a problem.

Yeppers....

Just wanted to update that since converting all my aircraft to the latest v7 airfoils used in the most current XP version...it has been night and day in the feel of all axis of rotation, with my flight stick.  Just the ever slightest pressure of movement in any of the four planes, using my flight stick, is all I need to enact control input.

There now is a true 'feel' of connection to all the control surfaces of the plane model I am flying.  I MOST recommend  one converting all their airplanes within the Aircraft Folder. Without any other type of adjustment to your controls...after v7 airfoils are engaged...you will see what I am typing about!