Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

2 Open cockpits efis in pmdg

Hi, I have an opencockpits mcp and one efis working in the 737ng in p3d using a couple of lua scripts and wondered if anyone had one for both efis and the mcp? What is the best way to have them all running together?

Chris

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

just something to consider i run the entire cockpit of this guys software goes on sale from time to time but even for $50 worth every penny IMO

Yeah I've seen that and it looks good. I was just trying to do it with lua as I have 1 efis and the mcp working that way.

Actually I came to the conclusion that I will just buy that although I'm curently playing around with a prosim 737 demo and really liking it.

Thanks for the link anyway.

Chris

Full MIP, only one EFIS though the FO is a fake LOL, but when i finish my Fire Control Panel I am thinking of making the second EFIS myself so it actually works like a real one. Will take some work running Encoder through center of Rotary switch LOL, worth a try.

cockpit001.jpg

Superb!

How are you doing the displays? Do you just have to drag them there from undocked positions? So far I have my 2 efis, 1 mcp and com1 hardware working with the ngx but just dragging the displays onto monitors.

Chris

Correct that is exactly what I am doing. Just undock and move then save the flight (situation/scenario) so next time I start it they will be in their correct positions. Once the flight has loaded I then move the aircraft to the airport I want to start from...

Never though of it but I think I can just choose the airplane that I had once used and had set up a flight as explained above, say I saved flight with PMDG737westjet then anytime from opening screen I choose the PMDG737westjet and choose airport etc.. I think it will remember and open with the gauges as I last had them... I gotta try it LOL.. will try it later but anyways I always just loaded some saved flight with the aircraft I use let say this PMDG737westjet then i just it to departure airport.

It only works in P3D, FSX was complicated and broken just a general pain in the rear to save position of gauges, P3D they fixed it!

Fantastic. Mip order is imminent!

I assume the overhead is open cockpits, what throttle is that?

Chris

No, OVH is actually from ProSimParts... IMO not as good quality as OC as far as the feel of plastic etc.. but ProSimParts was half the price and it came with all the hardware included switches knobs etc..

I don't regret going with ProSim on this one, but if money is not an issue then I would defiantly recommend opencockpits. OC they also have one P&P for a hefty fee LOL

.. also from ProSim it is not Plug&Play I had to wire all the stuff myself LOL you just get the plastic panels and switches, the rest is up to you.

Throttle is from JetMax (budget division of Flight Deck Solutions LOL), personally I am very happy with it, its not motorized or anything but looks, feels and works very good. No elevator trim on it, I might add one maybe.. nah... idk

It is however all run by OpenCockpits IO cards.

PS

Just looked at prices as i bought mine long long time ago.. if you did want to buy it and build it the OVH I mean.. definitely go with OpenCockpits it's basically 300 Euros more for the whole set all you will need + IOCards

500 the panel 300 hardware and 120 for indicator boxed i recall i actually had to buy indicator boxed from OC, prosim did not come with any.

But again it all depends on what 300 euros is to a person at the time i was building It was a lot.. still is LOL but if i was to do it again i'd go with OC!