Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

P3D3 new folder structure

Do you mean a GUI for each of the cfg files just like we have for the scenery.cfg Keven? I could see the benefit of that for some people perhaps for manually setting legacy sceneries up, but dont quite get why that means you can't install stuff outside the core folders straight away now? Isnt the whole point anyway, that you as a dev choose the external install location and the end user doesnt have to do anything at all? :)

We are not waiting for a GUI to update our installers, this was simply my personal opinion on the subject. We will be supporting it in a few months once a few issues are resolved and that the platform is stable enough for us to take the necessary time to implement it. We don't want a solution for PrecipitFX only, we want to optimize our work and apply this change to all of our product line at the same time while doing it as efficiently as possible.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hello,

I bought and install PreciptionFX today into P3Dv3. I do not care about "new folder structure" but... I find that PFX is automatically added to all aircraft.cfg in Prepar3D/SimObjects/Airplanes which is fine, but for example RealAir TurbineDuke for P3D cares about folder structure and it is installed outside P3D folder so PFX effects are not added during installation proces and I have to do it manually.

I think it is same problem as for FSX:SE DLC aircrafts which is solved.