Sign in to follow this  
RW1

P3Dv3 G-sync

Just wanted to share a rough video i made using g-sync... there seems to be lots of doubts about regarding using g-sync and the need to have fps up in the hundreds, here i used KSEZ A2A C-182 with ASN and trackir, sliders for autogen on very dense! and 4096 textures, shadows for terrain, clouds,objects on high, so its loaded up with average frame rates of 40.

tpewpb-6.png

It's an amazing looking video, no doubt, but the thing with gsync is that you'll have to experience it for yourself to really appreciate it fully.

I'm sure you have a completely smooth experience but all the gsync magic is lost when you watch it as a video and not in realtime.

That was explained right from the start with the Nvidia pendulum demo.

So, people, when you watch this and say "hey, that's not smooth! I still se stutters every now and again", you're right, but that's because you're watching a video that has a fixed framerate.

I will get a gsync monitor myself when the prices drop a bit and it would be nice if more people share their gsync expericence.

Btw, did gsync also improve on input lag with TrackIR?

Btw, did gsync also improve on input lag with TrackIR?

Monitor is 1 ms response and using Opus live camera adjust the scan speed to about 9 ms seems to curb any lag, but you do notice it sometimes in cloud....

tpewpb-6.png

I've tried gsync with P3D and its absolutely amazing! I'm just waiting for something bigger than 30" to come out that supports it before buying.

Can you move FD,ND etc to another monitor that does not have Gsync without issues?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Can you move FD,ND etc to another monitor that does not have Gsync without issues?

Thanks

Michael Moe

I guess so, but i would`nt expect to see your other monitors sharing the g-sync, you would need multiple monitors fitted with G-sync.

tpewpb-6.png

I've tried gsync with P3D and its absolutely amazing! I'm just waiting for something bigger than 30" to come out that supports it before buying.

Just released... Acer Predator X34inch, retails for $1,299.99 in the US.

tpewpb-6.png

I guess so, but i would`nt expect to see your other monitors sharing the g-sync, you would need multiple monitors fitted with G-sync.

Not needed for ND FMC PFD etc.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Just released... Acer Predator X34inch, retails for $1,299.99 in the US.

yeah.. itching to try it out. But currently not in stock anywhere.

Nice VID !
Need a big V-SYNC Monitor

(80 KT is a bit high landing speed though)
:)

I recently got an Acer ips 4K g-sync monitor and it's doing weird things with p3d v2. Generally the monitor is fantastic and makes 4K gaming a lovely experience with high gfx settings (I have a GTX 1070) because it smooths everything out with dips below 60fps.

However, I noticed yesterday that for some reason it can cause the frame rate to absolutely tank in p3d. For example I can run the majestic q400 with the sim on maximum settings at 4k (I don't have all the shadows stuff ticked on though) and it will sit at about 45fps on the runway at Langley with reasonable cloud cover. However if I turn g-sync on it will go down to 10-15. If I open a menu button so the main screen loses focus it will shoot back up again. It's really weird! Also sometimes it will just be fine and not have that effect. With x-plane it's completely fine (and stunning by the way).

Any ideas?!

that is weird, because gsync doesn't change the fps output of the graphics card, merely the refresh rate of the monitor.

what setting do you have in your gsync setup in the nvidia control panel. fullscreen and windowed?