Sign in to follow this  
motoadve

Any tips to get better fps with ORBX PNW Prepar 3D v3?

Almost get half the fps than with default terrain.

Maybe with 2.5 the difference was not so noticeable.

Any tips to get better fps?

or don't use it LOL  Orbx products are known to be taxing on system.   I am still wondering what to do with my Orbx investment, the sceneries are beautiful but stutters and lower FPS are annoying.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Short-n-sweet

1. Lower your settings.

2. Raise your hardware specifications.

3. Try different scenery.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I understand your issue.  For my system the settings that have the most negative effect on FPS are cloud draw distance and vehicle traffic.  Vehicle traffic has the most negative effect of the two.  For example, when flying in/around Seattle with vehicle traffic at 10 to 15% my FPS is around 15.  If I turn vehicle traffic off my FPS goes to 22 to 25.   I suggest you might try turning vehicle traffic off.

Regards,

Danny

Danny

I understand your issue.  For my system the settings that have the most negative effect on FPS are cloud draw distance and vehicle traffic.  Vehicle traffic has the most negative effect of the two.  For example, when flying in/around Seattle with vehicle traffic at 10 to 15% my FPS is around 15.  If I turn vehicle traffic off my FPS goes to 22 to 25.   I suggest you might try turning vehicle traffic off.

Regards,

Danny

For my system 3570k/OC4.2 - gtx970/4G traffic (road, water, airport) is the main thing that really challenges my system. Likely because I think (and I could be wrong) that traffic is more CPU-dependent.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I use PNW and the PMDG 777 with ASN and have around 30-35 FPS in FSDT CYVR and around 25-30 in KSEA from taxi 2 gate. (1920x1200) 5% ai vehicles and 20% MT6 with manager at 35 AI

4770K@4,7 and 2 x GTX 970´s but only using one card.

Also alway remember to defrag your HDD (not SSD) 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Make sure you have North America selected in Ftx Central. I have done that numerous times

Kevin Humphryes

I'm getting good performance in PNW with V3 (albeit on a fairly decent rig) - certainly better than 2.5. In fact I was getting ~170fps at CYLW (which is something of a personal record...!).

As other's have noted before, ORBX building autogen and traffic are heavy on the system - I have mine set to dense for building AG and traffic at no more than 10%. The other thing to note is that the first flight after the install of an ORBX region will sometimes have lower fps as the terrain objects, libraries and effects are cached. Do a few circuits and exit, and hopefully you'll notice an improvement next time around.​

For the most part my FPS are lower using PNW as expected but still smooth and steady. Something about the immediate Seatlle area, though, just murders performance where similarly dense areas don't give quite the hit.

Chris

I use PNW and the PMDG 777 with ASN and have around 30-35 FPS in FSDT CYVR and around 25-30 in KSEA from taxi 2 gate. (1920x1200) 5% ai vehicles and 20% MT6 with manager at 35 AI

4770K@4,7 and 2 x GTX 970´s but only using one card.

Also alway remember to defrag your HDD (not SSD) 

Michael Moe

How did you get KSEA from taxi to gate into v3? I tried to reinstall it but no luck.

Jim

Jim Vasto

How did you get KSEA from taxi to gate into v3? I tried to reinstall it but no luck.

Jim

I have P3DV2 installed on another drive so i just copied the folder and the effects from it to V3.Works great. Same procedure with every taxi2gates scenerys. No problem so far.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I have P3DV2 installed on another drive so i just copied the folder and the effects from it to V3.Works great. Same procedure with every taxi2gates scenerys. No problem so far.

Michael Moe

Darn, I already uninstalled my v2 version. Does anyone know if T2G will have v3 installers? Their support forum sucks.

Jim

Jim Vasto

Estonia Migration tool has been updated for v3 compatibility so installing almost anything should be no issue...

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

or don't use it LOL  Orbx products are known to be taxing on system.   I am still wondering what to do with my Orbx investment, the sceneries are beautiful but stutters and lower FPS are annoying.

I understand GEX and UTX is not near as bad on FPS as Orbx scenery is.

Regards

Lamar Wright