Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

No NGX sound when P3Dv2.5 is not in focus

Asked the same question over in the P3D forum here on Avsim but found out this seems to be more of a issue specific to the NGX.

Noticed how all NGX sounds are muted when P3D looses focus and this is new to me. Have never had this issue before and this is even with the option in P3D to mute the sound on lost focus unchecked and this only relates to the specific NGX sounds. When airborne and with the engines running these sounds stay even when P3D is not in focus.

Anyone else seen this issue?

The only things I can think of that were changed in my setup lately are:

- I installed the latest version 1.1 of FS2Crew NGX Reboot

- I installed a new livery for the NGX

- I updated the PMDG Operations Center software

Richard Åsberg

Asked the same question over in the P3D forum here on Avsim but found out this seems to be more of a issue specific to the NGX.

Noticed how all NGX sounds are muted when P3D looses focus and this is new to me. Have never had this issue before and this is even with the option in P3D to mute the sound on lost focus unchecked and this only relates to the specific NGX sounds. When airborne and with the engines running these sounds stay even when P3D is not in focus.

Anyone else seen this issue?

The only things I can think of that were changed in my setup lately are:

- I installed the latest version 1.1 of FS2Crew NGX Reboot

- I installed a new livery for the NGX

- I updated the PMDG Operations Center software

I just checked and my sound works when not focused, you say you have the option NOT to mute sounds in P3D, what about on your CDU PMDG Options > Sounds > Play in Ext View ? (Mine is on)

It is most unlikely that a livery or the operations center has anything to do with it.

Note, the NGX FS2Crew is not yet P3D v3 compliant (they are releasing it soon apparently)

I thought the play in external view was about hearing sounds also in spot view rather than being related to sound/no sound when P3D is in focus or isn't but will check that option again and see if it does any difference.

As for FS2Crew version 1.1 was released today actually and it's compatible with P3Dv3 and free for current owners of FS2Crew Reboot.

Richard Åsberg

I thought the play in external view was about hearing sounds also in spot view rather than being related to sound/no sound when P3D is in focus or isn't but will check that option again and see if it does any difference.

As for FS2Crew version 1.1 was released today actually and it's compatible with P3Dv3 and free for current owners of FS2Crew Reboot.

You are right I didn't realize they had already released the installers!

Just tested and I have the same issue. For example, parked up everything running, throttled up and get the warning horn. Changed focus to proatc window and throttled up and didn't get the warning horn. It's not just that, it's most cockpit sounds. You still get some ambient audio but not everything.

Chris