Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Can't get MyTraffic6 to work in P3D v3

Hi.

I installed MT6 just like in p3d 2.5, and I've added the line to the simobjects file like this:

[Entry.9]
Title=Default Countermeasures
Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.10]
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles
Path:F\MT6\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

I've also added MyTraffic in the scenery library, turned off default AI and located the P3D folder within the Communicator software. Still, no traffic offline nor on VATSIM servers, even with the correct Rule Sets (MyTraffic6)l

Any tips?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

why are you installing software that is not compatible with v3? :Shame On You:  :rolleyes:

why are you installing software that is not compatible with v3? :Shame On You:  :rolleyes:

It might not be compatible to V3 but there is a workable work around and obviously you don't know it   :smile: :Tounge:        Thats why Brynjar posted his question here to try and find a solution  :smile:

Is your My Traffic aircraft folder really located in the path you have shown? I say this because the mistake I made was copying the simobject config lines from another thread on Avsim and I forgot to edit that line to reflect the actual location and name of the folder I had installed My Traffic into.

The developer of MyTraffic has given permission for users that have purchased MyTrafficxv6 to manually install it into P3Dv3.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

That is the thread I was referring to. You need to edit the Path line to reflect the actual location of that folder on your system.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Also I don't think you can/should use the communicator.  I didn't use it, instead I just followed the instructions on the MTX forum and it worked.  In fact it works quite well, loads of traffic everywhere.

That is the thread I was referring to. You need to edit the Path line to reflect the actual location of that folder on your system.

Ted

Ok.

Yes, I think the path is correct.

Title=MyTraffic Vehicles
Path:F\MT6\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I can confirm that MT 6 is working for me too. Three steps to get AI in v3. 1. aircraft folder location 2. MyTraffic scenery 3. Disable default traffic in scenery\world\scenery. Thats it and loads of AI.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

I can confirm that MT 6 is working for me too. Three steps to get AI in v3. 1. aircraft folder location 2. MyTraffic scenery 3. Disable default traffic in scenery\world\scenery. Thats it and loads of AI.

Hi! 

What do specifically mean with step nr. 1 and 2 ?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hi!

What do specifically mean with step nr. 1 and 2 ?

You need to add it inside P3DV3 under scenerys like you add airports etc

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

You need to add it inside P3DV3 under scenerys like you add airports etc

Michael Moe

I did. Just like I did in 2.5, which worked perfectly. For some reason, it doesnt work for me in v3.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Shouldn't it be Path=F:\MT6\MyTraffic\Aircraft

instead of 

Path:F\MT6\MyTraffic\Aircraft ?

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

why are you installing software that is not compatible with v3? :Shame On You: :rolleyes:

It works perfectly with V3. It's just not officially supported.

Ok, so I solved it, somehow...

I deleted the link to mytraffic in simobjects.cfg - saved - opened P3D then exited.

Next, I open the simobjects.cfg again and pasted the exact same line - save - then opened P3D to find that everything worked as it should. Strange, but at least now it works.

Anyways, thanks for the input. Much appreciated. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth