Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Can't get MyTraffic6 to work in P3D v3

Hi.

I installed MT6 just like in p3d 2.5, and I've added the line to the simobjects file like this:

[Entry.9]
Title=Default Countermeasures
Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.10]
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles
Path:F\MT6\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

I've also added MyTraffic in the scenery library, turned off default AI and located the P3D folder within the Communicator software. Still, no traffic offline nor on VATSIM servers, even with the correct Rule Sets (MyTraffic6)l

Any tips?

Good that you solved it. But there was an obvious syntax error in the your entry to the simobjects.cfg. You had a line

That is wrong. It should be:

Path=F:\MT6\MyTraffic\Aircraft

I guess that was also the solution...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Good that you solved it. But there was an obvious syntax error in the your entry to the simobjects.cfg. You had a line

That is wrong. It should be:

Path=F:\MT6\MyTraffic\Aircraft

I guess that was also the solution...

I must be missing something, i just cant get my "My Traffic" to work. I'll stick with it.....

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

Yea!!!!

Got it straightened out. Don't know what i was missing but, All is good in the sim world.

Thanks

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

Just curious what settings do you use in p3d v3 for your AI traffic amount? I have it currently set to 10% for Regular flights and for GA its at 3%.

Does the manual state a good setting in order to see traffic at the major airports? 

I want to do a bit of plane spotting with the new avatar mode in p3d. 

Also, has there been any new schedule updates for MT6 yet?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Finally solved my problem with AI not showing up in P3Dv3.1    It was indeed a minor correction to the simobjects.cfg file and now it is working great!

Robert Abernathy

Just curious what settings do you use in p3d v3 for your AI traffic amount? I have it currently set to 10% for Regular flights and for GA its at 3%.

Does the manual state a good setting in order to see traffic at the major airports? 

I want to do a bit of plane spotting with the new avatar mode in p3d. 

Also, has there been any new schedule updates for MT6 yet?

MT6 was updated 2 weeks ago. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I bought MyTraffic 6 today, and after a bit of trial and error, I finally got it to work (the entry number in simobjects.cfg was wrong). But started getting CTD with ntdll as the culprit. After disabling MyTraffic, the CTDs disappeared. Have anyone seen this in P3D 3.1? A google search told me that this was a problem in version 5.4, but haven't seen anything about this in version 6. 

Marius S

Marius.    Personally speaking my first process of elimination would be to delete this files,  then start Prepar3D, when the first screen comes on, End Prepar3D.  Then add your Entry again into Simobjects.cfg.

You will have to manually add your MyTraffic Scenery again in the Prepar3D Scenery Library, Put it in on Top, Don't move it down,  Try that   

24722126232_27d1f3b4a5_o.png

Step 1. Go to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 and locate simobjects.cfg   (You might need to click on View>Hidden Items in File Explorer in order to see the ProgramData hidden folder)

Add the following entry to the end of simobjects.cfg and then save.  If it is entry 11 instead of 10 for you, then change it to 11.  For me the entries go up through 9 so it will be entry 10.  If you have the MyTraffic folder located somewhere else other than C:\MyTraffic6 then the path will be that different path. Add this to scenery.cfg:

[Entry.10]
Active=True
Path=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft   
Required=True
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles

Step 2.  In your main Prepar3d v3 folder, which is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3  go to Scenery>World>Scenery and find the file "Trafficaircraft.bgl"  and rename it to "Trafficaircraftoff.off"  so that the default ai doesn't appear

Step 3.  Lastly, start up P3d or use  sceneryconfig editor to add the MyTraffic folder into your scenery library just as you would any addon scenery.  IN this case the MyTraffic folder is located at C:\MyTrafficProfessional\MyTraffic
Make sure you ADD  THE SUBFOLDER MyTraffic, NOT THE PARENT FOLDER MyTrafffic6  You must add the folder that has Scenery and Textures just below it, just like any other add on scenery.

Now the traffic should appear
Follow these three steps and you cannot fail.  Make sure you have ai traffic settings set up beyond 0 in P3D.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Marius.    Personally speaking my first process of elimination would be to delete this files,  then start Prepar3D, when the first screen comes on, End Prepar3D.  Then add your Entry again into Simobjects.cfg.

You will have to manually add your MyTraffic Scenery again in the Prepar3D Scenery Library, Put it in on Top, Don't move it down,  Try that   

24722126232_27d1f3b4a5_o.png

After further testing, the NTDLL crash is back. Attempted a longer flight today, and after about 3 hours P3D crashed. Will run without MyTraffic until I get this figured out.

Marius S