Sign in to follow this  
RVxSpeed

MSVCR120.dll CTD with P3D V3

Gerard and I have a many page-long thread running in the L-M forum and I am keeping PMDG informed of my findings through the beta channel.

The runtimes are absolutely required.. L-M uses Visual Studio 2013 I believe.

Of course all the obvious items were checked llike updating the runtimes to latest from MS, and I chased my tail for awhile until I re-read AVSIMs CTD guide and found my bearings.

Test trials have been run with a default platform (default config, scenery and no dll/exe addons) with the NGX. I have then added one thing at a time and at this point, after many trials, I have established that it's not a problem with ASN or FSUIPC. I will get a CTD with my prepar3d.cfg and not with a default config file so my focus right now is that file.

Last night I ran a trial with the first four sections in the default config changed to look like my config file (GRAPHICS, DISPLAY, SCENERY, MAIN). No CTD. This morning I am running a trail with the the next set of sections changed to look like mine. Eventually I'll find something that is involved with a CTD when it is there and no CTD when it's not. Basic troubleshooting but it takes time. Each trial is 4 hrs.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan

you are correct C++ 2013 is required for P3D , just uninstalled them and tried to run P3D but it wouldn't even start ,

I am having the same problem. I am however not even lucky enough to get a event in event viewer. It happens when I try and enlarge the PFD. Has anyone found a fix? PMDG maybe?

Marno Koen

I updated my testing for this error and unfortunately I'm not able to replicate ... see my response here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=113995&start=225#p121446

After 11 hours of flight and no issues, had to shutdown and head off to work/office.  My graphics settings and add-on list was pretty extensive/extreme.

Cheers, Rob.

I dont actually get an 120dll. error but fidling around the FMC , undock panels , after 4-5 hours does give me a CTD.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

This error just came up and bit me for the first time today. It happened after about 110 minute flight. Enough people have reported it both here and on the official LM message board that it is obviously a bug.

Enough people have reported it both here and on the official LM message board that it is obviously a bug.

That's conclusive proof that it's a bug?

If you read through both this thread and the one on the official site, you will see that users that experienced this issue have only two things in common :

1. They are using P3d V3.

2. They are getting the error after long duration flights.

There does not appear to be commonality with 3rd party addons and a few people have reported the error with no addons installed. The only other possibilities are that everyone is either experiencing an overclocking side effect or there is a bug in all the recent nVidia graphics drivers that just shows up with P3d V3.

I am totally annoyed with this .... i have just tried a trip egll to kbos and yes 3 crashes during the trip all of them mscvr120.dll error

I have used the aerosoft airbus 320 on a flight for 4 hrs plus and guess what no crash.

Clearly this is a pmdg issue not anything else.... This is a long haul airplane that cannot be used long haul and only short hops 1-3 hrs at the most. What are PMDG doing .... they have charged so much for this p3d version model no discount for fsx pmdg 777 users and simply taken more money for something that just simply does not work... very annoyed that my friend was told it was activesky and the push of the blame onto a different product

It's not a PMDG issue exclusively. I get this crash flying the RealAir Turbine Duke. The thread on the LM official forum has reached 28 pages in length, so I suggest that everyone just be patient, as LM has been aware of this issue for a while now.

As are we, honestly. You cannot see what we're doing here behind the scenes, so please do not assume. What you've written here is unfair. Not only is it unfair, actually, it's flat out wrong.

Kyle,

I am also experiencing this CTD and have added to the topic within the LM P3D forum, basically CTD after probably 3 - 4 hours of flight in P3Dv3.  I was considering raising a ticket with PMDG however wanted advice before I did so.  I'd rather not bombard PMDG with addition tickets if the issue is already under investigation as it's probably further workload to look at my ticket in isolation and then respond to it.  Can I assume that PMDG will respond in the forum regarding resolution of this issue?  If this is the case then I will simply not raise a ticket and wait for a response from LM or PMDG on developments.  If there is a resolution then I will implement this and if it fixes it wonderful, if not then perhaps that's the time to raise a ticket as it may be my 'issue' is unrelated.

Thank you

Craig Read, EGLL

Can I assume that PMDG will respond in the forum regarding resolution of this issue?  If this is the case then I will simply not raise a ticket and wait for a response from LM or PMDG on developments.  If there is a resolution then I will implement this and if it fixes it wonderful, if not then perhaps that's the time to raise a ticket as it may be my 'issue' is unrelated.

Not sure. The issue is mainly, seemingly, an LM one. To my knowledge, we don't utilize anything from the DLL referenced here, so I'm relatively certain it isn't caused by our aircraft, at least directly. Given the persistent issues that came out of v3 (landing light issues, loading sensitivities, this MSVCRXXX.dll issue, and so on), I have a feeling it might get acknowledged at some point if/when a fix is seen, but for now, we're aware of the issue.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi all ,

I  posted this also in the LM forum

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=113995&start=405

My observations with the lh PFD is when i click on the left pfd during preflight i WILL get the MSVCR error during the flight , with def settings after 8.30 hours , sometimes when clicking in flight on the lh PFD and sometimes even without clicking somewhere , when i max out the settings i have the same pattern but after 3-4 hours in flight.( VAS 2.63)

When i don't click in the left PFD during preflight or in the flight itself i don't have any problems , even after landing clicking on the lh PFD doesn't give me any problems , for me this is repeatedly so i can work around it , settings all maxed out except for autogen , quite happy with that at medium settings .

If i configure the plane in take off state with engines running and let it sit on the runway i don't have this problem , even not after 36 hours ,this is happening only in flight.

Hi all ,

I  posted this also in the LM forum

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=113995&start=405

My observations with the lh PFD is when i click on the left pfd during preflight i WILL get the MSVCR error during the flight , with def settings after 8.30 hours , sometimes when clicking in flight on the lh PFD and sometimes even without clicking somewhere , when i max out the settings i have the same pattern but after 3-4 hours in flight.( VAS 2.63)

When i don't click in the left PFD during preflight or in the flight itself i don't have any problems , even after landing clicking on the lh PFD doesn't give me any problems , for me this is repeatedly so i can work around it , settings all maxed out except for autogen , quite happy with that at medium settings .

If i configure the plane in take off state with engines running and let it sit on the runway i don't have this problem , even not after 36 hours ,this is happening only in flight.

Thanks for the reply Kyle, I will hold off for now and 'watch this space'.

Before I take drastic action and wipe my machine completely and start again, I will do the following:

- Remove all .net and re-install from MS site

- Remove all C++ runtimes and reinstall from MS site

I will make no other changes to anything at all (not remove scenery or anything), and do a flight where I do not at any point click to expand a view e.g. PFD, ND, FMC.. I'll do the whole thing from the VC view and see if I can make a flight across the pond without event.

Perhaps as many of us can do this simple test to see if no clicks to expand panels make a difference.  Seems to be working for Gerard.

No one has answered one question I keep posing though, why is there nothing in my event viewer?  and why is it even with AppCrashViewer I still see no reference for the crash?  Is there something I'm missing?  (OS is Windows 10 Home).

Regards

Craig Read

Craig Read, EGLL