Sign in to follow this  
RVxSpeed

MSVCR120.dll CTD with P3D V3

I should have all the parts to start my new PC Build tomorrow which includes a new 980TI.  I currently use a 970 and am plagued with the issue.  I've now been flying the 777 for about 9 hours straight with another 6 to go with no crash but I have not even come close to touching the left DU.

Yesterday I would not be able to go more than 3 if I touched the display.  For now I'm happy as I really have no need to expand the display, I just make and EZDOK camera view closeup of the display.

Back to prepare for oceanic entry!  Happy flying everyone.  Will let you know how the new 980TI performs.

Any news? Did it work?

I repeated the flight several times now. Always a MSVCR120.dll ctd after 3 to 4 hours.

Any news? Did it work?

I have finished building the system and installing the base P3D.  Will probably try out a long flight this coming weekend after I finish installing my addons and getting comfortable with my settings.

Will report back at the end of the weekend.  

Margaritas at La Siesta with the wife on Saturday night so it may be Sunday before I actually start a long flight.

Sean Green

Hey Dan,

[...]

At this point in time the environment/system configuration differences are minimal ... basically down to Motherboard drivers, BIOS/EFI settings.

[...]

Same local/regional Windows settings and Windows language ?

Unfortunately, another one for me my scenery deletion did not help - this was over the Atlantic have restarted 3 times now. I'm starting to think it is possibly 2 things.

1) EZDOK or 2) 777 IMMERSION

warning big picture

I got the crash when I was panning around my aircraft when I went right into the contrails. Also in my logs I do see EZCA crashes. Trying without EZCA and without Immersion to see if I can make it.

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

Finally completed a long haul after 4 attempts - without the MSVCR120.dll CTD.

Kept on uninstalling sceneries finally the only thing that worked was noy running vPilot, & not running EZCA. For me this is the only way possible right now :sad:

ELB729.png

George,

Just to contribute a bit more to this thread, I don't believe the issue relates to EZdock or vPilot.  My reasoning is I have experienced it and I have never used or had either of those installed, this I believe would rule them out as a definitive cause.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news in terms of casting potential doubt over your suggestion.  I am hoping we all get to a resolution for this too, please though keep trying things and contributing to this thread, I imagine it's very valuable to PMDG and P3D teams and although not directly commenting are most likely reading for glimmers into what may be the cause.

Thanks

Craig

Craig Read, EGLL

Thanks Craig,

Although it may sound crazy, and I know its a very very far fetched idea that it may be EZdock or vPilot but that's all i GOT! :Tounge:  (lolll)

I am now going into my 3rd longhaul flight without both EZdock and vPilot without the msvcr120.dll CTD.

After this one I will do my return with both of them running and report back!

ELB729.png

This is so consistent now its killing me :sad:

Happens on basically every flight for me with EZdock and vPilot running, I know it sounds crazy but its the only thing getting me consistent results.

For what its worth - another screenshot:

P2lKP6T.png

ELB729.png

Happens on basically every flight for me with EZdock and vPilot running

Have you tried running EZDOK or vPilot alone? Or does it happen only when both are running?

Kyle Rodgers

Have you tried running EZDOK or vPilot alone? Or does it happen only when both are running?

I am about to do another long haul shortly I will do just EZdok and fly offline. I will report back

ELB729.png

I flew about 11 hours with the 777 on my newly built system over the weekend.  (6700K 4.7  980GTI  16g DDR4 @3000 500gb SSD using a new install of Windows 10)

Not a single crash like I would had had on my 5 year old system.  It was actually more stable and the frames were good running Rob A. high settings at 4K.

I still need to do some more testing but preliminary results are good.  I flew from FSDT KLAX to FSDT KJFK with ORBX Global and UTX at 4096 res and lowest VAS remaining I got was 900.  Was on final when the electricity flickered unfortunately and shut my computer off

Will update if I see any other issues.

Sean Green

I tried a loner flight than "normal" for me. KIAD - KDEN, around 1:50 into flight.

For the first time ever I had this Crash.

Here is what my set up looks like, with two screens one above the other.(old screen shot but you get the point)

mine.jpg

I was siting doing nothing and then suddenly the PFD on the lower screen vanished! 1-2 seconds later CTD.

yes I run EZDOC no other 777 addons. GTX 780 6GB

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi all,

for what its worth , i never did run EZDOC and had this crash over and over again when clicking on the left pfd , managed to end flights only if i did not clicked the left pfd , recently upgraded from a GTX980 to a GTX988Ti with a 4k television and since then the crashes are over , same sytem , same oc , same drivers .

Please take a look at this topic http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=113995

Yup! we can put the EZDok possibility to rest lol, crashed 8 hours into my flight and completely clean uninstalled EZdok prior.

Will be doing another test now without vPilot

V3oL9GH.png

ELB729.png

Not saying I got a fix %100 yet boys, but I do want to share that - I have not gotten the CTD 4 flights in a row, after doing my latest test or setting change.

I'd love if a few of you could replicate my process to see if comes back for you thereafter.

W10 users - Go to settings and click on privacy

Then replicate these settings & restart your system:

ZxAhuAA.jpg

I have yet to see a CTD after this Feedback & Diagnostics change & it is 4 flights now. 4 Long hauls!

Not getting to excited - I hope it translates to your sim.

ELB729.png