Sign in to follow this  
RVxSpeed

MSVCR120.dll CTD with P3D V3

Since P3D 3.1 I have had problems in flight with both the 777 and NG.

Last night I did KIAD to KDEN but used the FO screens for my lower  pop up screens.

All was perfect.

IMO some code in 3.1 and using the main captains PFD (pop up) has gone wrong somewhere.

Its not EZDOC.

mine.jpg

Using the FO ND is a pain in the butt.

Is it save to use the captains ND?  is it just the PFD that seems to be the problem.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Since P3D 3.1 I have had problems in flight with both the 777 and NG.

Last night I did KIAD to KDEN but used the FO screens for my lower  pop up screens.

All was perfect.

IMO some code in 3.1 and using the main captains PFD (pop up) has gone wrong somewhere.

Its not EZDOC.

mine.jpg

Using the FO ND is a pain in the butt.

Is it save to use the captains ND?  is it just the PFD that seems to be the problem.

Hi David

Just a thought, You wrote ealier with the same pictures as above "no further add-ons" but i can see FS2CREW is activated for the 777.

Have you tried without it? Just curious thats all

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I also experienced this crash for the first time - PMDG 777, with EzDock, ORBX scenery, no other add ons (except FSUIPC). Win 7 Pro.

Edit: forgot to mention it occurred after I left a flight over night - no manipulation of the sim

David Porrett

Is it save to use the captains ND?

Yes, you should be ok with the Captain ND just don't use the Captains PFD.

Sean Green

I for got to mention FS2Crew Micheal but that's not the problem.

Sean,

That's great to know, its easy to use the FO PFD. Thanks.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I for got to mention FS2Crew Micheal but that's not the problem.

Sean,

That's great to know, its easy to use the FO PFD. Thanks.

Okay David, 

I have only done small 2-3 hours flights and cant reproduce for now . 

Same problem with the NGX you wrote ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Well I did have a problem with a NG flight but it was not a msvcr CTD so better leave that out of this topic.

Doing a SWA flight tonight KSNA - KSFO in the 737 so will see but will not use the captains PFD

I'll see the MSVCR120 CTD with  both 777 and NGX, only difference is the elapsed time that normally occurs in longer for the 777. I have noticed that I can use the right side FO outboard DU without the CTD event [so far].

This is definitely a problem with the left Captain outboard DU, but it's not easy to debug because PMDG is not developing in the environment that uses MSVCR120 (Visual Studio 2013) and they do not have access to Lockheed Martin code that is required for the troubleshooting.  It's up to LM and they are fully aware of the problem but anything they are doing to fix it is in their house and is not being revealed in their forum.

Meanwhile, don't use the Captain outboard DU 2D popup and if you do be sure to save/reload the flight within a couple of hours of having done so. This seems to clear the condition and prevent CTD.

Dan Downs KCRP

I got the same (MSVCR120.dll CTD) error today after i upgraded the nvidia driver to 361.75 i am not sure either is it related with this. With the previous driver from time to time the only error i was getting for kernelbase.dll. As far as i read whole the conversation you all are having the error while operating the PMDG777. I was operating the 737 800 ngx when i got the issue. The only addons i use for, precipitfx, 777 immersion, ASN  on a machine with a 8Gb VRAM GTX980  i7 6700K. 512Gb m2sata without oc. If the issue goes on going to try downgrade the driver.

Still not working for me, another CTD today but I still get nothing in my event viewer!  I would have thought Windows would have picked something up.  Definitely clicked on the captains PFD though and over 3 hours odd in.

Craig Read, EGLL

get nothing in my event viewer!

That's pointing to a hardware problem. Any application CTD that is managed by Windows is going to create an event report, maybe you're looking in the wrong place? The UI for event viewer is horrible, why not get the free appCrashViewer and give that a try. Much easier to user than the default viewer.

Dan Downs KCRP

That's pointing to a hardware problem. Any application CTD that is managed by Windows is going to create an event report, maybe you're looking in the wrong place? The UI for event viewer is horrible, why not get the free appCrashViewer and give that a try. Much easier to user than the default viewer.

I've downloaded that and still nothing comes up for it. There is definitely nothing in the event viewer at all. I've got no hardware issues that I'm aware of, machine runs just fine with everything that I do. I've done a search in my event viewer for Prepar3d and also MSVCR120, although there are crashes for Prepar3d none involve MSVCR120. Hmmmmm.. Either it's not putting them into event viewer or my issue is different?

The weird thing is my symptoms are the same, runs fine for 3 hours or so then CTD.

Craig Read, EGLL

Either it's not putting them into event viewer or my issue is different?

The MSVCR120 events are all very similar with same exception code and one of only two exception offsets. I suspect your events are different.  Start with a new thread either here or LM P3D forum, which would probably be better for you, and start isolating the event by starting with P3D only and no additional addons like PMDG, ASN, GSX  etc., and see if you can get to a point where events start happening as you add stuff back into the mix.

Good luck, not having an event report still looks like a hardware issue from my perspective.

Dan Downs KCRP

Not save! I ve seen the sim chrashing with 2D popup of CDU (CPT) yesterday between KLAX - YSSY after nearly 7h flight (I tried to update enroute winds inflight

and initially to replace FL280 wind indication with FL380 and bang!

After nearly 7h flight  P3Dv3.1 closed silendly without pointing to any c++ library, as it did the day before on exact the same leg without my CDU inputs at the same time.

I am on my third leg now hope my cargo will reach YSSY. 

I am on my third leg now hope my cargo will reach YSSY. 

forced the crash yesterday opening 2D CDU popup and then trying to zoom PFD (CPT) after 5h of flight.

But it was the first time the crash log was enlightening (for me)

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 3.1.2.15831, Zeitstempel: 0x5672b60a
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 6.1.7601.19045, Zeitstempel: 0x56258e62
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0003748e
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xe68
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d15d39a483e014
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\P3Dv3\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Berichtskennung: 839d8731-c95d-11e5-bb01-f46d044fceb0

which could be a hint that P3D doesn't like my OC anymore. I easily did 17h flights on P3Dv2.5. At the moment i'm not able to fly

legs longer than 5h with 777 without crashing. So i'll have to reconfig my OC setup and doing some linx and prime95 stresstests again.

My question now is, do you guys have this issue even without OC?