Sign in to follow this  
RVxSpeed

MSVCR120.dll CTD with P3D V3

My question now is, do you guys have this issue even without OC?

NTDLL doesn't have much of anything to do with any of our products. Search it in Google, and you'll find that it has to do with literally just about anything else:

• Damaged/Corrupt Hardware Driver
  • Malware/virus Infection
  • Damaged Windows Registry
  • Corrupt/Failed Program Installation

Kyle Rodgers

NTDLL doesn't have much of anything to do with any of our products

I agree. The ntdll crash popped up for quite a few people (based on my perusal of several forums) with the release of MyTraffic 6.0a. But now it seems to have mysteriously cleared itself up for me and others.

Walter Meier

NTDLL doesn't have much of anything to do with any of our products. Search it in Google, and you'll find that it has to do with literally just about anything else:
Damaged/Corrupt Hardware Driver
Malware/virus Infection
Damaged Windows Registry
Corrupt/Failed Program Installation

Kyle,

it seems you got me wrong. My question regarding OC was related to the topic issue.

The background is:

i did 3 times in a row KLAX-YSSY. Every time the sim crashed when popping up PMDG CDU and/or PFD/ND after 5-7 h.

On the first 2 flights the crash pointed to no library. Yesterday  i reorganised my vc++ installers and after that i got a useful hint by the event viewer, 

because now pointing to ntdll.dll. You don't have anything of that you mentioned to get ntdll.dll issues.

it just needs instable OC. So it has always been a very good indicator for unstable OC (like random library crashes) when doing the same flight again and again.

But all of my crashes are being triggered by the same procedure and i read in this thread others triggered the crash the same way.

So my question still is, does anyone run into MSVCR120.dll without overclocking? That would be the first step to make sure these issues aren't related to the user setup.

My question regarding OC was related to the topic issue.

Right - OC for overclock and not Operations Center...got it! Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

Right - OC for overclock and not Operations Center...got it! Thanks!

Sorry Kyle, wasn't my intention to confuse you with this short cut. 

Sorry Kyle, wasn't my intention to confuse you with this short cut. 

No worries. Not your fault. I was being dense (ask the team - it's not an uncommon occurrence). 

Kyle Rodgers

So my question still is, does anyone run into MSVCR120.dll without overclocking? That would be the first step to make sure these issues aren't related to the user setup.

Oh yes absolutely. The events started with P3Dv3.0 and I was not using overclocked CPU or GPU.

Dan Downs KCRP

Here's a quick video of me going MFD/PFD crazy in the 777

Hi Rob,

would you mind doing an authentical test, sometimes? You do not even have an active flightplan.

I've attached one screenshot taken  one second before i forced the sim to crash by clicking PFD. You'll see i was inflight 5h and 8 Minutes

and that happened meanwhile 3 times flying this leg

so real conditions would be e.g:

KLAX ZILLI1 FICKY B581 NN A579 JORDY DCT MARLN MARLN1 YSSY (no star, no destination runway input at departure)

import ASN (SP4.1) Cruise Winds 300 320 340 360

init climb 300

PMDG 777F

fuel: 132915kg 

ZFW: 206430kg

i've chosen the beautiful aerologic livery done by PMDG

let the aircraft do its job

when inbound WAYSE open CDU than PFD and that should be the end of the journey.

the same happened with the fixes WOSLU and WACOS the days before.

So you don't have to go wild in the cockpit, click once at the correct time of flight should be enough (if your sys is being affected by this pain in the a**)

W7 ultimate german 64bit SP1/Nvidia 361.75 WHQL

No active RAAS on my sys, too! sounds not being cached, EGPWS water in cyan checked (not active, WX active (CPT side) )

If you can make it over the equator with this testbed, i'm really convinced and stand a round virtual beer.  :wink:

cheers

pic1 [~1mb]

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160202/lfr3b73u.jpg

pic2 [0,5mb] used runtimes

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160202/299bg2bt.jpg

Oh yes absolutely. The events started with P3Dv3.0 and I was not using overclocked CPU or GPU.

Hi Dan, thank you for your feedback, that's music to my ears & overclocking skills. :Tounge:  

Hi Paul,

i also had the crash with a fully default system, without oc ,bios reset at optimize default settings ,', even reinstalled windows 7 with all the latest drivers , still crashed when clicking the left PFD.

@Kyle , has someone from PMDG ever tried a long haul flight in P3D v3 and clicking at the pfd after 5-6 hours , if not could you do a long haul flight , ( over 10 hours )

i also had the crash with a fully default system, without oc ,bios reset at optimize default settings ,', even reinstalled windows 7 with all the latest drivers , still crashed when clicking the left PFD.

Hi Gerard,

i crashed the sim the 4th time doing KLAX-YSSY shortly after equator inbound WACOS some minutes ago, this time without klicking PFD, i just changed from windowed mode to fullscreen pressing ALT ENTER. (After some changes in UEFI BIOS and lot of stressing with lynx in i way P3D could never do, i am confident, overclocking isn't a probable cause any longer (at least on my rig) Event viewer gives no result this time.

Your feedback also makes me confident it's better to ground my fleet now 'til this showstopper will be found.

Hi Paul,

A bad OC was something i ruled out in the beginning ( on my system ) , running now oc at 4.8 ghz , without any problems . A few of us tried all the different settings , reinstalling different C++ files and so on , you can read the topic at the LM forum .

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=113995

Since upgrading to a 40inch monitor there is no need for me to enlarge the PFD and never had a crash since .

This is such a nasty error which for some reason only affects a few users or the other users don't fly those really long hauls , i don't know , but yes it is very frustrating .

You can however save your flight with fsuipc so that if it crashes you are up and running again in a few minutes , i m still doing this , every 3 minutes my flight is saved , just in case , it is no fun flying for more then 6 hours or more and then it suddenly crashes ...

You can however save your flight with fsuipc so that if it crashes you are up and running again in a few minutes , i m still doing this , every 3 minutes my flight is saved , just in case , it is no fun flying for more then 6 hours or more and then it suddenly crashes ...

HI Gerard,

thank you for the hint, fsuipc and autosave option is something i already use for a very long time. But my main goal is being totally stable and complete every flight normally.

It's no fun to restart the sim 3 times to complete just one longhaul leg.

That's against the principle: as-real-as-it-gets  :wink:

I decided to run p3d by disabling administration right, and this time i didn't run as administrator  to avoid of MSVCR120.dll CTD  The result was quite satisfying i could complete my flight succesfully by clicking on the PFD many times. The only discomforting thing was for me due to running sim without administrator right i couldn't use the Keyboard shortcuts  which are  assigned through the fmc to operate the lights etc... during the flight ASN, precipitfx and ivap worked as expected. I hope this can point something to figure out the matter.

I have no idea if it will be of any help, but I've never run anything as Administrator, just as myself (Administrator-level account, but not running as administrator) and I'm yet to see this issue despite a number of longer flights in both the 737 and the 777. 

-stefan strandberg

Captains,

something i haven't seen for a while:

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160205/kyque93w.jpg

[~700kb]

stable 13,5h flight, it seems i've tracked my issues down and i'm pretty confident how to prevent your panel crashes, too!

@PMDG

is there any dotation for tracking down the issue and publishing the workaround?  

If this is really caused by what i found tonight, 747v2 will most probably be affected on several user machines, too!

So what about a free copy of 747v2 P3D when it arrives?    :wink:

Regardless of this indecent proposal, i'll post my findings and how i prevented crashing the sim later this weekend (i intentionally avoided saying "soon"), when having more time
than at the moment to proof if i am right or wrong.