Sign in to follow this  
Guest adria320

Best ever theme music!

I have to say the theme of "Crimson tide" is probably the best music theme I've ever encountered.What about you guys?Cheers,

Guest Paul_W

The "Top Gun" anthem that plays during the opening credits of the film, along with scenes from the flight deck of an aircraft carrier, was rather brilliant I thought--one of those rare times when it all comes together to create a memorable experience on film.

Guest ps76

Weird - I just finished watching Crimson Tide :)Personally not my very best music but still like it a lot and the film is really coolFavourite film musics..The RockDeep ImpactTitanicalsoOut of Africa and some other John Barry stuff (esp View to a Kill)Some of Hans Zimmers earlier stuff (Green Card, Pacific Heights, Days of Thunder, Rain Man, Driving Miss Daisy etc)License to Kill James Bond by Michael KamenHarold Faltermayer - yes Top Gun too and also Fletch was pretty cool!!Apologies but I couldn't possibly pick only one :):)ThanksPierre

Guest Tim757

Hi AllWell, theme music for what type of theme?For Flying I have always liked Goldsmith's "Blue Max" (moment of silence for Jerry Goldsmith who passed-away last week)Another flying one is the opening number to the original "Airport" where they are clearing snow at MSP.One I enjoy flying to right now is "Pirates of the Carribean" soundtrack, great mood music."Patton" has always held a noble spot for a good track for GSP.The "Aces High" march from "The Battle of Britain" (which had to be renamed to make it "generic" away from the 3rd Reich reference)"Band of Brothers" haunting music taking it to a new level of expression.The theme played when the Titanic set sail and was picking up speed in "Titanic"The bluezy-jazz from the old Redford movie "The Hot Rock"Another war flick with good theme was "Das Boote"The tile theme from "Is Paris Burning" I feel catches the idea of the liberation of that grand city.OK, so I spend a lot of time on lay-overs watching movies.....Tim757

Guest adria320

Yea, the Crimson tide music is awesome :-hah Aswell as the movie :)

Ahhhhh Bill!You got one good soundtrack there. Just love the launch theme! :-)Cheers guys, TGIF :-beerchug

...and there is a TELARC recording (CD-80437, The Big Picture, Erich Kunzel & The Cincinnati Pops)that includes the Re-Entry and Splashdown music and is preceeded by a 90-second launch sequence which, if you have a subwoofer in your music system, will evict the termites from your house :-eek.-GeorgeM at 5B6

Guest flyhi

Hello !Stanley Kubrick's "2001: A space Odyssey". Among others, The combination of music and spacecrafts "dancing" in deep black space i find amazing. Unique.nikolas vegas/athens/hellas (greece)

Guest Stompy

Gotta chime in here for the guy that did the Crimson Tide theme. If memory serves, he's the same person that's done the music for a bunch of Tom Clancy games. They all sound relatively similar, but that's what makes them all sound so good.

Guest adria320

Yea, that theme reminded me of Rainbow Six so much :(