Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

V1.1 - Voice Control - SOP1 - FSX

Hi Bryan,

thanks for the 1.1 update.

I just have 2 issues that require assistance.

1. I've tested this twice now, and it appears that when I request the FO to turn on his Weather Radar via the Approach Brief page, he turns on his Terrain Radar instead. This was the same in Version 1.0.

2. Also, when FS2Crew controls the Cargo Doors, the doors are opened only momentarily (ie several seconds) and then the doors are closed again. This becomes an issue when using GSX.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Hi Steve,

1. What specific voice command are you using?  I looked at the code and I don't think we have a voice command for the FO's weather radar.

2. Via the FS2Crew Config Options, set the FS2Crew Controls doors option to 'No'.  Looks like GSX and FS2Crew are playing 'tug of war' with the doors  :Tounge:

Hi Bryan,

1. I'm not using a voice command for the prompt - I'm selecting "Weather" under the "Concerns" section of the "Approach Brief". If I select "Terrain" as the concern for either Departure or Approach the FO will display the Terrain radar on his display. However, if I choose "Weather" as the concern the FO still displays Terrain instead of Weather.

2. As I understand it, GSX does not play with the Cargo Door opening or closing script. GSX waits for the user to open or close the doors and then commences it's operations. (ie Cargo loading/unloading, Passenger embarking/disembarking, Catering, etc)

Thanks & Regards,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

1. You would set Weather on your your side.  You don't need weather on both sides.  I'm not sure which SOP you're using, but I think at SOP 2 they FO always has terrain set regardless.  I'd have to double check.

2. 1.1 didn't touch anything regarding cargo doors.  Do you have any other addons that could be controlling doors?  

1. I'm using SOP1. In future, I'll just set the Weather radar on my side.

2. I don't believe I have any other addon that would be affecting the Cargo Door operation. I guess I could just go back to manually operating the doors - although having FS2Crew carry out the op would be handy. Any chance you can double check the script in FS2Crew just to make sure it's not the culprit?

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Yes, I had the same issue with v 1.0

I'm not running pre-flight events.

This issue is occurring when I arrive at a destination gate - once the engines are cut, FS2Crew hooks up the GPU & A/C. FS2Crew then opens the Cargo Doors automatically - but within a short amount of time the doors then close rather then remain open. I observed the FMC/CDU Door Menu and saw it engage and close the doors seconds after opening them.

If I choose to NOT have FS2Crew open the doors automatically - and I do it manually, then the cargo doors open and will not close until I prompt them via the FMC/CDU.

This is why I suspect that this is a possible scripting issue with FS2Crew which is opening and then closing the doors quickly thereafter.

I mean, it's not a huge deal breaker by any means Bryan - but if I can have this resolved it would sure help.

Thanks,

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers