Sign in to follow this  
moey124

fatal error while flying fsx

it keeps popping up fsx has to be closed and fatal error checked the event viewer it didn't say what caused the crash. I have done UIautomation file that didn't work delete a Microsoft update that didn't work. did a registry clean not even that work. I am stuck guys.. need your help please.

Move your fsx.cfg and scenery.cfg to a temporary directory.  Restart FSX.  These files will be rebuilt.  Most likely you add a tweak to your config that does not work properly.  If that does not work, then you can bring the old fsx.cfg and scenery.cfg back to the proper folders and try something else.  If you have a dll.xml and exe.xml (located in the same folder as the fsx.cfg), then those files should be moved over to a temporary folder too.  They will not be rebuilt though as they are not needed in default configurations.

The AVSIM CTD Guide also provides many suggestions for fixing your crashes.  See link in my signature.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

K I found the fsx cfg file. but I cant find the scenery cfh file I checked the app roaming etc. cant seem to find it. can u tell me where it is located and my folders are set to be shown hidden folders.

K well I found the scenery cf file .. moved it into a temporary folder as well fsx cfg restart fsx and it didn't work. it crashed.

did the second option as well It crashed. what are my next options I have.

k I moved the DLL.XML and EXE.XML and ir estarted fsx ...... and it didn't crash . But how to I get back my scenery etc ?

You should have moved your scenery.cfg to a temporary folder.  You move it back to the Program Data folder.  If the crashes stopped after moving the dll.xml and exe.xml, then something is wrong with one of the entries in those files.  This happens frequently.  See the AVSIM CTD Guide for more information about the dll.xml file and how to disable entries one at a time to see if you can find the culprit entry that was causing all of your problems.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Well what i did i did a fresh installation so doing all sceneries one by one. I lost my resolution kn flight aim.. i dknt remember the resouktion ... when i start flight sim its showing me like it zoomed into the screen it doesnt show properly. Any advise on that

Well what i did i did a fresh installation so doing all sceneries one by one. I lost my resolution kn flight aim.. i dknt remember the resouktion ... when i start flight sim its showing me like it zoomed into the screen it doesnt show properly. Any advise on that

To fix this problem you will have to move or delete your fsx.cfg, restart your sim and let it rebuild. Evidently you changed the resolution or changed monitors while running FSX and FSX did not pick up the changes.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM