Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Norway Pro (Work in Progress)

It works beautifully with UHD or HD Mesh v3, and I'm doing my best to make it look good without photoscenery.

Excellent! I love to fly there. How long will it take until we can try?

I want to create some more building styles, but I'm also having to try and work out how to use the data that is available. The road data is very good, but it isn't classified enough to get the detail I want (e.g. What is a residential road, and what isn't), so I'm still trying to work out how to improve the scenery.

If anyone here speaks Norwegian, I could really do with some help hunting around for additional data (Lots of it isn't in English) :-)

Well, this would definitely put Norway high up on the list of places I want to fly in XP!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks for all the comments. I've found some better data for the roads and after some processing I've merged it into the data I have. I've also used custom roads which are more suited to Norway, i.e. Less street-lighting, smaller residential roads, etc..

Here are a few more screenshots, these are all taken with HD Mesh v3 only (UHD also works very nicely) and no photoscenery:

What would a picture of Norway be without the northern lights?

Alabeo_R66_1.jpg

This is the city of Bergen showing the busy port used by cruise ships starting their journey into the Fjords.

Alabeo_R66_2.jpg

I envy these people who live here and have that view, I don't envy them when they have to walk down to the city :-).

Alabeo_R66_3.jpg

This shows some autogen mixed in with real buildings. Most large buildings will be correct. I'm still hunting around for better data here to improve it.

Alabeo_R66_4.jpg

The terrain is very steep, and lots of the houses are nestled onto the side of hills. (Unfortunately I don't think I made the basement areas big enough, so I need to fix this ;-))

Alabeo_R66_5.jpg

Here are a few with photo scenery (if you're lucky enough to find any areas which aren't discoloured and blurry).

Alabeo_R66_6.jpg

Alabeo_R66_7.jpg

• Upvote 4

Holy smokes, that is looking superb.  Will be moving my FSE operations over to Norway for awhile once this is out!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

It works beautifully with UHD or HD Mesh v3, and I'm doing my best to make it look good without photoscenery.

I want to create some more building styles, but I'm also having to try and work out how to use the data that is available. The road data is very good, but it isn't classified enough to get the detail I want (e.g. What is a residential road, and what isn't), so I'm still trying to work out how to improve the scenery.

If anyone here speaks Norwegian, I could really do with some help hunting around for additional data (Lots of it isn't in English) :-)

I can see you found my hometown Bergen:-) Looks really really good! The 1st and 2nd shot almost looks real(as far as a sim can go anyway) and much better then any FTX-scenery has ever given, although I've been quite happy with FTX Norway in P3D. The third shot looks like its not too far from Øvre Fyllingsvei where I used to live for a couple of years! So cool to see this work in progress:-)

As for help with translating stuff, I could always try to help out a bit, just let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do!

Again, awesome stuff!

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

I can see you found my hometown Bergen:-) Looks really really good! The 1st and 2nd shot almost looks real(as far as a sim can go anyway) and much better then any FTX-scenery has ever given, although I've been quite happy with FTX Norway in P3D. The third shot looks like its not too far from Øvre Fyllingsvei where I used to live for a couple of years! So cool to see this work in progress:-)

Thanks Tom, and yes you're absolutely correct, the third shot is Øvre Fyllingsvei (I had to google it, but it's the same place I took the screenshot) :smile:. 

Regarding translation, I've mostly worked my way through the documentation for the road data which was in Norwegian only (with the help of a dictionary and some guess work), but if I have any questions or clarifications on the meaning of some term which I can't google the answer for, I'll send you a PM 

Tony - Your work leaves me/makes me speechless - in a most positive way though, as all that i can say again and again is:

WOW! - and - again:

Thank You very much for all the many efforts!

Cheers, Christoph

Tony, your work is astounding, but you really need to be charging for this. It's pay ware, plain and simple, so come on, start making some money so you can invest in even better stuff. :)

• Upvote 4

@Oscar

Oh awesome work, this is much cleaner than the imagery I produced from Bing. I can't wait to overlay this scenery on top of this :-)