Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Norway Pro (Work in Progress)

Tony, Norway alpha2 is absolutely amazing . When Norway is ready, I hope you do  Sweden. Would be great to get all three Nordic countries as well as Norway. Thank you so much for everything!

That WOULD be good for a really good reason...

....I was enjoying the Alpha 1...and then saw a highway...and decided to just mask it...and see where I went.  Well, I was so impressed with what I was seeing, that LOL...that when I posted some pics...Tony came back on the pic thread to inform me...that I must have crossed the border into Sweden, for there were no such houses in his scenery that I was showing, or something like that.  I flew CLEAR OUT OF NORWAY Apha 1!  :Money Eyes:

• Upvote 2

I hope you do  Sweden

Already on it. The only downside is that it won't cover all of Sweden. The detailed data covers most of Sweden except the mountains. That data you have to pay for unfortunately. 

Stockholm, a sea of red roofs:-)

image.jpg

Beta 1 is up (Full changelog and download here http://world2xplane.com/2016/01/03/norway-pro/). This should address most of the issues reported here. For beta 2 I'll work on a better industrial and commercial building set, as the current set looks ugly and doesn't fit the theme too well.

• Upvote 2

Thanks a lot Tony. Just trying to download but seems that a few thousand other simmers had the same idea :-). 

Hans

How could I miss this, Beta1 on its way.

Oh and great news about our good neighbours in the east!

Beta1 is absolutly amazing! Bergen is uncanningly real, especially Minde-area with Brann Stadion, the main postcentral and pretty much...well, everything! All those weird lighthouses are gone as well:-)

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Thanks Tom, glad you like it :-). Hopefully some exciting stuff coming for beta 2

Yes, Bergen looks fantastic in Beta1, thanks again :)

(The blue smog generated by the DTH plugin is just about how it looks for real in the present cold weather)

norwaypro-bergen12.jpg

• Upvote 1

Pfff cold weather in Bergen ;-). We had -17˚C last week. I spent a month in Bergen in December, and for the entire month it just rained, non-stop, but it's a great place (I'd live there if I could afford it)

Hehe, past few weeks have been almost proper cold, temperatures between -2 and -10C. Now 30cm of dry snow and blue skies, too.

I really don't understand why you chose December instead of now ;)

bergen-jan-16.jpg

Oh, and apologies if I made the impression there are almost no red roof-tops in Norway. It is probably around 50% "red" and 50% Grey/Dark.

No matter what, it is great as is.

Unfortunately I didn't choose, I had to go for work. I wish I'd seen it in the snow and blue skies :-)

Regarding the roofs, I just went about 90% grey because the randomisation made it look worse. 

ENGM....Tony...this Alpha 2 is already SERIOUS scenery...

...even in only the Alpha stage...around this airport in square miles....simply fabulous.  The towns are fabulous...  At full out scenery settings, it looks real...wow. 30-35 FPS maintained, easily.

Highest Regards...

This will surpass Massachusetts.....

Post Edit:  About the only thing so far Tony, is that I still see some trees on roadways, and homes in water, out upon the lake, fjord, just off shore.  Not many...but still you find them all over.

Is this a freeware airport, or? I can't seem to find it.

Unfortunately I didn't choose, I had to go for work. I wish I'd seen it in the snow and blue skies :-)

Regarding the roofs, I just went about 90% grey because the randomisation made it look worse. 

Quick question, is this order of my custom sceneries correct in terms of NorwayPro's placement?

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/denmark-pro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/RD_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/RD_USA_AK_PAWD/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/RD_USA_AK_PAWD_Orthophoto/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/RD_USA_AK_PAWD_Terrain_mesh/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ruscenery/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/world-models/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/MisterX_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/norway-pro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ff_library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - San Francisco Cable Cars/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - San Francisco V2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - Traffic Golden Gate Bridge/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - Traffic Oakland Bay Bridge/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/R2_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_Treelines_Farms_Europe_v2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_uhd_global_scenery1/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_hd_global_scenery3/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Terrain/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/

Also, according to the log file, it says that NorwayPro is loaded and running without any issues, but I cant spot any difference between this and default, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong afterall, which made me think of scenery order. Completely new to X-Plane by the way  :wink:

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Also, according to the log file, it says that NorwayPro is loaded and running without any issues, but I cant spot any difference between this and default, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong afterall, which made me think of scenery order. Completely new to X-Plane by the way 

Hello! I fixed the load order a bit  for you/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/RD_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/RD_USA_AK_PAWD/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/RD_USA_AK_PAWD_Orthophoto/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/RD_USA_AK_PAWD_Terrain_mesh/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ruscenery/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/world-models/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/MisterX_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ff_library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - San Francisco Cable Cars/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - San Francisco V2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - Traffic Golden Gate Bridge/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - Traffic Oakland Bay Bridge/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/R2_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Terrain/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/denmark-pro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/norway-pro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_Treelines_Farms_Europe_v2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_uhd_global_scenery1/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_hd_global_scenery3/

Try this, it should help :)

Remember this isn't a mesh or photoimagery, it's an object/road/forest overlay, so if you have your object and road settings on low, it will be difficult to notice. I hope to get some updated mesh tiles done for the next beta, especially around the coast where some bulidings are in the sea because the coastline in OSM is quite off in some places.