Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Norway Pro (Work in Progress)

As a side project, I'm working on a scenery covering all of Denmark and I merged it with both Sweden and Norway to produce a monster Scandinavian region. The Danish scenery is incredibly detailed, down to almost every single tree, streetlight being in the right place. The Danish scenery also has the correct building heights and type, so it's about as accurate as any scenery you will currently get for XP.

Although geographically, Denmark is mostly flat, it's very nice to fly over low & slow, and it also has some of the longest bridges in the world, e.g. Between Copenhagen and Malmo linking Europe to Scandinavia by road.

Here are a couple of shots from a test flight I did from EKRN Rønne, over to Malmo in Sweden and into mainland Europe over Copenhagen to Odense. 

Alabeo_PA_38_1.jpg

Alabeo_PA_38_2.jpg

Alabeo_PA_38_3.jpg

Alabeo_PA_38_4.jpg

Alabeo_PA_38_5.jpg

Alabeo_PA_38_6.jpg

Alabeo_PA_38_7.jpg

Alabeo_PA_38_8.jpg

Alabeo_PA_38_9.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm still struggling with finding any data for Sweden. Whilst Norway has detailed land scenery (i.e. Forests, autogen zones), Sweden is OpenStreetMap based (with autogen).

• Upvote 3

Tony it looks great, would need a beast of a system to run it well.  Really looking forward to this one. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Zul, it depends where you want to fly. If you want to fly over capital cities such as Oslo, Copenhagen or Stockholm then you will need a good system, but 90% of this entire area is mostly empty, with small villages, towns and woodland. Over typical scenery I get 30fps, over the capital cities shown above (Well, better not to say ;-)).

Hi Tony

It looks awesome, thank you for your contribution to X-Plane.

If you need any help with the Denmark scenery, I live near Copenhagen,Denmark, and know the area pretty well.

I'll be glad to use my sparse spare time on it  :smile:

Thanks Andras :-).

I've pushed up a test version of Denmark, you can grab it here (Download Temporarily Removed)

It's quite detailed, so you have been warned ;-). Flying around I get between 20-30fps in rural and town areas, and around Copenhagen I drop to about 12fps. This is on max settings on my laptop which has 2GB of video RAM, so your experience may vary.

It's a joy to fly around, especially if you have matching orthophotos, which you can grab from zonephoto.x-plane.fr or generate yourself using Ortho4XP (Highly recommended, it produces some beautiful coastlines).

Yes, sorry. I pulled the download as it contained a major bug in the Copenhagen area which caused X-Plane to crash. I'll hopefully have it fixed soon.

I'll start a new topic for Denmark anyway, as I highjacked my own thread :-)

I downloaded it last night, and did a small test flight around the small Danish island Laesoe this morning. WOW, it is mind blowing how the small islands has come to life.

Tony, you've done an excellent job, and I can't wait to try it out around the major cities. Thanks a million for bringing Denmark to life in XP :smile:

Thanks, I was about to send you an email and ask you to beta test it for me ;-), but you've managed to grab it last night before I pulled the download. I'm fixing some major bugs at the moment in the data, and then I'll send you an updated link.

I can't wait to try it out around the major cities. Thanks a million for bringing Denmark to life in XP :smile:

A big warning, at the moment, fps will drop to about 3-4fps in Copenhagen and some other large cities and then X-Plane will just crash. Since the majority of people will choose the region's capital as their starting point, this was serious enough to pull the download. I've actually found the issue now and I'll post a new topic this evening with some previews of what I've done and changed, it will be worth the wait ;-)

Aside Tony's work I am trying to build a good combination of mesh/aerial imagery to put underneath

his very promising scenery. Tiles will be gradually released on zonephoto.x-plane.fr. The first one

is Narvik and was already sent to its maintener.

www.youtube.com/L6sP4kSqsq8

Oscar Pilote (Author of the awesome Ortho4XP) is generating a few mesh/aerial imagery tiles for Norway and uploading them zonephoto.x-plane.fr. 

Here are some screenshots of Narvik in the far north of Northway (Generated by Oscar) and Norway Pro :-)

Alabeo_R66_10.jpg

Alabeo_R66_11.jpg

Alabeo_R66_12.jpg

Alabeo_R66_13.jpg

Alabeo_R66_14.jpg

Please forgive me if I missed it or should know it, but where can we download this and your Denmark Pro too?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

The orthos are being uploaded slowly zonephoto.x-plane.fr. Neither of these sceneries are done yet, i.e. work-in-progress. Subscribe to the topic at the top (and the Denmark one) and I'll post the links when they become available.