Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Please help me with this mini-sun...

How would one increase the amount of glare and glow from the sun? It's the one thing that really bothers me in P3D that when I look directly at the sun which in reality would be nearly blinding, does very little to affect the view in simulator. I've been searching for a sun mod that produces that effect but to no avail.

How would one increase the amount of glare and glow from the sun? It's the one thing that really bothers me in P3D that when I look directly at the sun which in reality would be nearly blinding, does very little to affect the view in simulator. I've been searching for a sun mod that produces that effect but to no avail.

I posted this awhile back and still working with v3.1.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/463044-my-sun-glare-is-waaaay-better/

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

The defaults settings in Prepar3dV3 suneffect.cfg are (the one in the programdata folder must be changed);

[general]

SunSize=900

MoonSize= 2072

This is patently incorrect, hence the very small sun (43% of moon size)!

just changing sunsize to equal moonsize

[general]

SunSize= 2072

MoonSize= 2072

and the sun will be as in the image below - much better!

This assumes the moon size is correct of course. If you think moon is too small just up that a bit, and adjust sun to same

A bit late but excellent post there Rob.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Better late then never... worked great! Thanks.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)