Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

RC4.3 download link

Hi,

I'm doing full RC4.3 reinstall on new SSD for P3Dv3.0, but I cannot find a link on RC website. Could someone please help me with that or at least let me know what I need to do to obtain the access to the link

Thank you

Dmitriy T

Dmitriy,

There is no specific link for RC4.3. Did you not save the original download?

If you haven't please contact jd@jdtllc.com for assistance.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm curious how the problem was solved.  I had installed Radar Contact v 4.0 from a CD and downloaded v4.3 at some point several years ago.  I recently replaced my computer.  I have installed v 4.0 from my original CD -- is there a way to upgrade this to 4.3?

Bruce,

Assuming you didn't save the 4.3 download then just request it again from jd@jdtllc.com

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I tried that last week; unfortunately no response so far.

I do have 4.3 installed on another computer but I do not have an install ".exe" file.  I can copy the program file from one computer to another but I'm assuming there are probably some required system files that would not be installed.

Bruce,

If you've not heard within the next 24 hours let me know and I'll contact JD.

It is important that people retain that RC4.3 update to prevent this situation arising.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You can try copying your entire rcv4.3 folder to your new pc. When you run it you should get the registration screen. But . . .

You will need to first install the latest fsuipc and makerwys.exe in your fs and modules folder from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

You will then need to retrieve certain dlls and possibly .ocx files. Please read the pinned topic on 713 errors especially toward later replies. You can use copies from your windows system files on your pc with RC installed. These should go into your new pc syswow and system32 folders and then system registered via regsvr32 as indicated.

Before running your copied rc4 go into the main folder and make safe copies of rcv3.dat and keyboard.dat outside of RC. Your keyboard.dat looks like this without newline except at the end.:

49 , 50 , 51 , 52 , 53 , 954 , 54 , 56 , 57 , 48 , 959 , 55 , 845 , 843 , 844 , 848 , 847 , 192 , 448 , 846 , 840 , 842 , 857 ,HACGADCHOQIKKNFQKHCBINEIOGxxxxxx

This last string of characters is your old key.

Here's my rcv3.dat file:

Lear,lea,43rc, 1 , 15 , 30 , 10 , 1000 , 0 , 0 , 10 , 0 , 1 , 1 , 0 , 1 , 0 , 1 , 15              , 1950 , 1200 ,, 2 ,C:\Users\Ronzie\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\EICK-EDDF.PLN
 500 , 1800 , 500
c:\flight\fs2004
 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0
 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0
 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0
C:\Users\Ronzie\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files

Spacing and end of lines are critical. Use Notepad with word wrap disabled.

The last entry in rcv3.dat is the path to wx/flt files. The first path is to an existing flight .pln file. Edit as necessary again keeping space characters and commas separation exactly as in you old files.

This is only if you have a problem with getting a new install.

If you are still using the same e-mail address and user name on record from your purchase then you can use the auto-key generator and set up your registration request via e-mail exactly as shown in the pinned help file. If these have changed your registration will have to ne manually handled by jd@jdtllc.com subject registration request and user data update, You'll need to furnish current and old e-mail address and old and new user names as stored in jdtllc's data base for RC so jd can verify you as an existing user. He will update the user data records and then you can use the auto-registration system when you need a key.

Thanks for the feedback.  If you can help with a new install file that would be great.  Getting all the dll and ocx files installed and registered properly one at a time as errors occur is an exercise I would like to avoid, if possible.

My email has not changed since my original 4.0 order or 4.3 upgrade.

The necessary dll and ocx files were dropped from Windows systems starting I think with Vista. The are not in the RC 43 install files. If you migrated to Win 7 on your new installation you will have to grab those. Microsoft offers a VBASIC runtime package but when I checked those were not included.

msstdfmt.dll is available from http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msstdfmt . Choose download zip and follow instructions  for declining other stuff. In the list I had to choose version 6.1.97.82. norton cleared the zip download. Install as directed in the 713 pinned topic.

I don't recall the ocx file source but you may not need it. You can copy it from your original installation system folders if needed.

When I moved recently from XP to Win 7 I kept the same partition and folder hierarchy and copied some apps as whole folders. Some worked. RC did once I installed the missing system files.

Did you send e-mail to jd requesting the download link or send the information to Ray? Any response?

Thanks much for your help.  I copied the old RCV4.3 folder from my old computer to my new computer.  It took awhile hunting for ocx and dll files, and copying and registering them, but it appears 4.3 is now running correctly on the new machine.  Ended up being no need to do anything with the .dat files, at least that I've found so far.  Thanks again.