Sign in to follow this  
Brit

PMDG AIRAC not installing.

Hi guys

Since i was on AIRAC 1505 thought i'd better update all my AIRACS. Everyone has installed correctly apart from PMDG aircraft still on 1505 even though it says it has installed correctly? Thought it was admin control problem but the file has no admin right buttons, any ideas? thanks! Using FSX Steam.

Hi guys

Since i was on AIRAC 1505 thought i'd better update all my AIRACS. Everyone has installed correctly apart from PMDG aircraft still on 1505 even though it says it has installed correctly? Thought it was admin control problem but the file has no admin right buttons, any ideas? thanks! Using FSX Steam.

Hi, Michael,

Take a look in FSX/PMDG/Navdata and see if the new Airac files are there.  If not, maybe you need to point the autoinstaller to the correct location.  If you are using Navigraph, you can download the specific Airac as, I believe, a zip file and install it manually.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Mike

Thing i found the problem, it seems to be making another folder called "PMDG" within the NAVDATA folder as in screenshot.

2ev9n2a.jpg

Can i just delete the old AIRAC and replace with the new files?

You just need to take the files from the extra created folder and overwrite them to the correct one

Hi Mike

Thing i found the problem, it seems to be making another folder called "PMDG" within the NAVDATA folder as in screenshot.

2ev9n2a.jpg

Can i just delete the old AIRAC and replace with the new files?

Hi, Michael,

There is almost certainly a subfolder inside the newly created PMDG folder  also called NavData.  So if you copy its contents to the real fsx/pmdg/navdata folder that should work just fine.  If you want to be extra careful you could back up everything in the real Navdata folder to some other location first.

If it's Navigraph,  I believe the autoinstaller should be pointed to FSX - the top level folder -- not fsx/pmdg.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

If your running the NaviGraph AIRAC Install Manager, compared all the other titles it can install, the PMDG install-path is unusual in that you must chose the root of the flightsim directory (set it to manual or use the 'scan' feature).

The Install Manager will automatically find the PMDG and Navdata subfolders when you install and AIRAC.  For example, the install-path in the GUI for PMDG should read D:\FSX or D:\P3D.  They did this to accommodate all previous possible locations of the PMDG Navdata folder over the years.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

The best action here would be to delete the manually-set location, and have the Navigraph program scan for the location. If that doesn't work, set the location by selecting the root FSX directory, as mentioned by Al.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the help, i nthe end i just copied the new files into tha navdata folder and replaced as elv suggested. Worked a treat.

Glad to be of help Michael.

As Al and Kyle said though, If your using the FMC navdata manager just make sure its pointed to the right place for next time.