Sign in to follow this  
mageej

SimConnect.dll crash.

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with SimConnect.dll crashing FSX. Here are the details;

I have installed:

FSX Deluxe with all updates installed

FSX Acceleration

SimConnect versions- 10.0.61637.0 for Acceleration Pack

10.0.61355.0 for FSX-Sp1

10.0.60905.0 for FSX Deluxe

I recently installed the Captain Sim L-1011 Base Pack 1.3. I have had no problems at all with SimConnect.dll up until after this plane. I have other Captain Sim planes that run with no problem. The trouble came when I installed the Freighter version of the Captain Sim L-1011.

This is the point when I get the "SimConnect.dll load failure" error. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled per the instructions provided by the Captain Sim Support staff, yet I still have this DLL error which crashes FSX every time that I try to load the L-1011 Freighter ONLY.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Make sure you installed the FSX SDK properly - http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_(FSX). Most likely you have the wrong version of SimConnect installed.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for your help in this matter, Mr. Young. I followed your instructions fully, yet the problem remains. I'm wondering if Captain Sim allows writes to the SimConnect.dll file, causing it to be corrupted? I would really like to solve this, or request a refund from them.

SimConnect is an integral part of FSX and gets installed and registered with Windows by the FSX installer.

It has nothing to do with the SDK.

The SDK comes with a SimConnect installer to be used on a client machine that does not have FSX installed on it.

This sounds like a Capt. Sim problem.

Is their only advice to reinstall their plane?

regards,

Joe

I'm wondering if Captain Sim allows writes to the SimConnect.dll file, causing it to be corrupted? I would really like to solve this, or request a refund from them.

Nobody "writes" to the SimConnect.dll files in the sense that they can change the actual content of the files. The odds of the problem being a corrupt SimConnect.dll are tiny.

Your sim is crashing because the .dll can't do it's work, not because the file itself is bad.

SimConnect.dll is a gateway for external programs to talk to FSX. They crash when they are called to do a task and cannot get usable data either from FSX or the external program that is using SimConnect.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thanks for your input on this Joe. This SimConnect.dll problem ONLY showed up AFTER I installed the latest plane, which is the Captain Sim L-1011 Frieghter. I also assumed that this issue is on them! What do you suggest, Joe? 

... and yes, their only option for me so far was to uninstall, then reinstall their product. Their Administrator is advising me right now, but their working time zone is only accessible to me in a short time window. Frustrating!

I wish I could be of more help. You might try posting in the SimConnect forum though I think Captain Sim is going to have to fix this.

As I don't own their products I cannot help you more.

If they can't get it working they should give you your money back.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Good news, Captain Sim Admin sent me an email saying that they are working on a new installer. Apparently there's a problem on their product.