Sign in to follow this  
Simmer2050

Can i install p3dv3 on same pc as v2.5

Hi

Don't have much time for sim this days,  so don't want remove 2.5 cause many reports of issues with v3 example joystick issues etc

my 2.5 is ok, but would adding v3 on same pc and user account cause any issues.

cheers

I've had the two installed side-by-side for about a week. No issues whatsoever here - other than v2.5 getting less and less use.  :wink:

Thanks lous, that's exactly what I hope will happen here as well once I get started. But I have had many reports of joystick issues with v3.

Do you have any joystick or controller issues in general.

cheers.

None to speak of. YMMV but most failures seem to be caused by people doing things they oughtn't.

The only `issue` is if you use FSUIPC to set axes in the sim. Then, there was a problem with axes set in the sims GUI not being adjustable via FSUIPC, I think Pete D has now fixed it with the latest version.

Oh, and I did get a random lock up in v3 after I ported over my FSUIPC4 .ini from my 2.5 installation - the sim would just drop back to desktop after a few seconds. Knowing what caused it, deleted the ported .ini and allowed FSUIPC to set its' own in v3 - and all good. The benefits of only doing, installing or changing one thing at a time !

Simple tip if you are setting your assignments in P3D v3 - use the save as tool to create a copy outside of the main P3D folders. I also created a copy of the basic P3D installation to use as a file back up on a spare drive before I installed even FSUIPC, let alone any addons.