Sign in to follow this  
FRed Baron

Don't need all my usb devices in LINDA, how do i remove to make room?

Hello, a question regarding removing joysticks/hid devices from LINDA. I am at the 10 device limit, but I don't need them all in there.  How do I remove the ones I don't need to make room for the ones I do need?

Many thanks,

Dust

SIM: X-Plane 11r2

180 degree view- 3 x 55" scenery Monitors -

Multi-pc Network_Each PC connected to Master VIA CAT6e crossover cables on dedicated PCIe Network Adapter....HARDWARE: various Desktop Aviator and Aurduino Boards / GekoSystems Motion Chair / SigtronicS-18 AviationHeadset / SpeechmaticUSBAdapter / GoFlight / FlightIllusion ForceFeedbackYokew/PFC Beech Control Wheel

IMG_2777.jpg?dl=0

Hi Dust

There is a manual solution but I need to first ask whether you have more than 10 HID devices/joystick still connected or are trying to eliminate certain ones from your LINDA configuration?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

thanks for the reply;

Just trying to eliminate the ones I don't need; 

i have a few like the desktop aviator parking brake and fuel selector/cutoff, that are not needed, and i will be adding two more devices soon, so i need that space.

also, for the default aircraft the saitek radios, multipanel, and switch panels are not needed

Multi-pc Network_Each PC connected to Master VIA CAT6e crossover cables on dedicated PCIe Network Adapter....HARDWARE: various Desktop Aviator and Aurduino Boards / GekoSystems Motion Chair / SigtronicS-18 AviationHeadset / SpeechmaticUSBAdapter / GoFlight / FlightIllusion ForceFeedbackYokew/PFC Beech Control Wheel

IMG_2777.jpg?dl=0

If the devices are disconnected (from your PC), LINDA will ignore them when you next start it.  If you want to permanently delete them, do the following:

1. Open LINDA at the Joystick Setup page.
  2. Note the Device VID/PID numbers and device description for those you wish to remove.
  3. Open the file /modules/linda-cfg/system/config-hid.lua in the LINDA Editor (or other text editor). 
  4. Locate the header for each of the devices you wish to remove.
  5. Delete the entire block from the header down to the just before the next device header.
  6. Save file.
  7. Click the Restart LUA Engine button in LINDA (or close and restart LINDA).

This method with remove the unwanted device(s) AND all the assignments applied to them in LINDA.  You will see that there are timestamped backup copies of the config-hid.lau file. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Awesome! Very much appreciated, 

Regards

Dust

IMG_2777.jpg?dl=0