Sign in to follow this  
motoadve

Cessna trim wheel is there a solution in v3?

I have ended up disconnecting the Cessna trim wheel.

It will cause crashes, it will move on its own etc.

No matter even if disable in FSUIPC and Prepar 3D at the same time, it still moved when pulling or pushing the elevator.

Any solutions to this problem?

I assume you are talking about the Saitek Pro Flight Cessna trim wheel? I don't have it, but I do have the Cessna yoke. If your OS is Windows 10, then we are both waiting for Mad Catz to come up with a Windows 10 driver for the Cessna products; bad things happen when I disconnect the yoke. They do have a beta driver for their non-Cessna stuff, but not yet for the Cessna stuff. Hopefully soon.

Frans

Try the SPAD drivers. I am using these on V3 and Windows 10 and things are working well with the trim wheel. Uninstall any other trim wheel drivers and let SPAD take over.

I have ended up disconnecting the Cessna trim wheel.

It will cause crashes, it will move on its own etc.

No matter even if disable in FSUIPC and Prepar 3D at the same time, it still moved when pulling or pushing the elevator.

Any solutions to this problem?

The only way at the moment is to assign through FSUIP4, however you will still get a freeze up unless you ensure the trim wheel is active before you start P3D,

I start the Pro flight Cessna Trim Wheel control panel and give it a few turns, on my system the control then disappears. a restart of the control panel to check if its responding and then you are good to go for starting P3d.

bob

edit if you don't have the saitek control panel it works thro the w7 control panel,  (view devices)

Try the SPAD drivers. I am using these on V3 and Windows 10 and things are working well with the trim wheel. Uninstall any other trim wheel drivers and let SPAD take over.

Spad itself (the original) has not been updated for quite a while. Do a search for Spad.Next for updated Spad-type software. Someone has carried on with its development. I use Spad.Next to drive my Saitek Multi-Panel.  It does not drive my Pro Cessna Yoke or Pedals.  From the Quick Start guide that comes with the DL it appears it supports the Saitek panels at this time. The yokes, quadrants, trim wheel, etc are shown as "planned support in the future". 

Saitek is driving me mad. Guess that's where the parent company's name comes from (Mad Catz). As someone mentioned earlier in this thread there are issues with Saitek USB connected devices in Windows 10. So I am now following a startup/shutdown checklist that rivals a RW pilots's pre-flight checklist for flying.  My Saitek-related checklist starts with dark computer, plugging in the USB devices, a fresh boot through my MOB BIOS to disable xHCI (USB 3.0). Then into Windows 10 Device Manager to make sure I have advanced power management turned off for each of the Saitek controls, then starting FSX where my registered copy of FSUIPC starts Spad.Next; then using Spad.Next to activate my multi-panel.  I have a somewhat similar shut-down checklist as I have to totally shut down my system before unplugging any of my Saitek USB devices. And I have to remember to boot into the BIOS and reactivate xHCI support if I want to use any USB 3.0 devices. I am not fortunate enough to have a computer solely dedicated to flight simulation, so I have to get my yoke and quadrants out of the way to do other stuff.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere