Sign in to follow this  
FSJunkie131

Fresh install didn't create AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FS9 folder containing the .cfg file?

Hi gents

As the title says really... I just had to re-install FS9 on a fresh windows 7 (64bit) install, but when I go to load the icon the sim won't load. After doing a search for the fs9.cfg file it appears that there is no C:\Users/MYNAME/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FS9 folder (and i have definitely checked the correct path and YES i have folder options in control panel set to show hidden files and folders..)

I am at a complete loss as to what has happened here. The install went smoothly without hiccup but i cannot load the sim and fear that it is related to there not being a .cfg file in existence! Has anyone got any ideas as to what could have gone wrong? Or even better how to fix it?

I am somewhat of an FS9 'veteran' and have never seen this before. I have searched google to no avail and am desperately hoping that somebody points out the obvious and it's just me being a complete dumbass (entirely possible), as at the moment i have no idea.

I look forward to hearing back with any suggestions!

Thanks for looking.

Gaz.

It created the files but they are hidden.  You have to check the "shown hidden files" box in your preferences.  If your sim works this is the problem.

Thanks however i do have the "show hidden files" box checked. I can see the correct path but the folder isn't there. The sim won't even load up

Cheers

Did you run the installer as Administrator? On Win 7 x64 this is essential for most, if not all, FS9 programs and utilities.

Hi A32xx - yes I installed as administrator. I uninstalled and re-installed just to be sure (you never know) and the same thing has happened - no FS9 folder within the Microsoft folder in AppData/Roaming and thus no .cfg file and program won't run.

:-(