Sign in to follow this  
G-BANX

FSX - Scenery, Graphics and Tweaking. Is this as good as it gets?

I agree with Greg.  Don't expect miracles with autogen on a sim made in 2007.  Try those values and they may help.  As for the bufferpools - that's a real crapshoot in my experience.  if the above values work for you - stick with it.

Ilya

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

FSX will always have at least some autogen popping because the sim lacks alpha fade.  The situation can be mitigated somewhat... to begin try lowering FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION to .10 or .11, and raise TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT to 120.  Your system (especially the video card) can handle these settings easily.

Greg

I agree with Greg.  Don't expect miracles with autogen on a sim made in 2007.  Try those values and they may help.  As for the bufferpools - that's a real crapshoot in my experience.  if the above values work for you - stick with it.

Ilya

Thanks - I'll try these now as im testing as we go

Poolsize 2000 looks good. Still on AM=84=(‭01,01,01,00) Try 212=(‭11,01,01,00), try to reduce mesh res.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Poolsize 2000 looks good. Still on AM=84=(‭01,01,01,00) Try 212=(‭11,01,01,00), try to reduce mesh res.

Will try it now and let you know

Will try it now and let you know

Hmmmmm difficult to tell, blurries seemed to be less but glitching on what i can only assume is asset loading increased... I think I will run it though on Friday

Im going to conduct an hour flight at 212 and the same flight again at 84

The difference with 212 is that there's two data collectors on core 3 instead of one. So it's going to utilise the core more efficiently until one LP maxes out, but it will also prevent the JOBSCHEDULER assigning other processes, instead they will more likely be attracted to core 0 and LP 3 and LP 5.

Mark, try these settings in nVidia Inspector:

Anisotropic Filtering Setting: 16x (your current 8x is cause for alot of your unpleasant video).

Shadercache: Off  (you should also delete the cache folder... it is located at %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache.  Having the Shadercache ON puts the cache on your slow 5400 RPM spinner... not a good location for it.  I never had much luck with this setting even when it was stored on an SSD).

Greg

The difference with 212 is that there's two data collectors on core 3 instead of one. So it's going to utilise the core more efficiently until one LP maxes out, but it will also prevent the JOBSCHEDULER assigning other processes, instead they will more likely be attracted to core 0 and LP 3 and LP 5.

I have a 6 core processor, if I turn HT on, can you tell me the best affinity mask setting?

There's not one best setting, but i'm using AM=1000=(00,11,11,10,10,00) on my 3960x/4.1GHz.

Mark, try these settings in nVidia Inspector:

Anisotropic Filtering Setting: 16x (your current 8x is cause for alot of your unpleasant video).

Shadercache: Off  (you should also delete the cache folder... it is located at %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache.  Having the Shadercache ON puts the cache on your slow 5400 RPM spinner... not a good location for it.  I never had much luck with this setting even when it was stored on an SSD).

Greg

Huge increase in FPS performance!!

There's not one best setting, but i'm using AM=1000=(00,11,11,10,10,00) on my 3960x/4.1GHz.

This setting with HT on has cut my fps in half, I get 10-15fps on the ground of Orbx airports and 20-25 in the air.

and you got a 6 core HT=On, that's some kind of problem there, nothing to do with the AM...

..seems likely you've not enabled HT, use task manager see the number of LPs is 12...

See at the bottom of this page testing a 6 core with AM=1000, not much wrong there:

More about CPU core Affinity and Affinity Masks

Question: I'm running FSX on an SSD with DX10 + fixer, 4770k 4,3GHz, GTX770 4GB with very few tweaks (TBM 120, HIGHMEMFIX, FFTF 0.15), SMAA is forced through Reshade. Although I'm running DX10 and having read several guides, performance is noticeably lower than on DX9 even with Reshade uninstalled and no AA... Any ideas?