Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Pro-atc X losing sync/comms

Anyone know how to make pro atc catch up with you?

Sometimes it loses where you are up to and keeps asking you to acknowledge. Is there a way to get it to move to the next step without having to restart everything? Tried 3 times tonight and the furthest I got before I gave up was asking for clearance on finals into egll and it kept asking me to acknowledge so I landed anyway lol. But then you can't get handed off. Very frustrating because apart from that it vectored me in nicely.

Chris

If it's asking you to acknowledge have you got your radios tuned?

Jason Jackett

Yes, it sounds like you missed a waypoint so you click on 1 and then select (I think) other options and then select go to (whatever is the next waypoint in your flightplan). This way you will not have to turn around and go back to the waypoint you missed. If you miss a waypoint in ProATC's flight plan (not yours), then you will get an issue like this.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes radios tuned and I've tried numerous times including switching to a different frequently and then back. I know they are tuned because i can speak to then first. It is intermittent but 3 flights tonight have had problems. It isn't a waypoint issue as the first time it happened I had pushed and was asking to taxi!

To make sure it wasn't I used proatc to make a flight plan instead of importibg one from pfpx and then imported it into the fmc. I then flew the exact plan it was expecting.

Also the one on finals wasn't a way point or radio issue as I was on finals when i asked and got clearance but it wouldn't let me acknowledge.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I love the software and improvements in this latest release but I seem to have more of these problems than the previous one.

Chris

Are you looking at the moving map? Sounds like you are missing waypoints.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

No it's not a waypoint thing bob, it happens sometimes before I've even taken off. Last night I ased for push and then couldn't acknowledge the instructions. Not every time bit it's random enough to really take the fun out of it.

Chris

Two things to look for:

• I think the various Navigraph FMS data sets are either not entirely consistent bewtween the different versions or are interpreted differently by the host systems.  Occasionally I see additional waypoints in an airway in ProATC-X compared to PMDG or vice versa.   Check that each waypoint listing is identical and be prepered to do a "direct to" request to bridge any gaps.  ProATC-X allows you to "direct to" all the way to the last waypoint in your STAR (or the first, I forget which) but it won't allow you to "direct to" waypoints after that.  It sounds as though your ProATC-X had lost sync but it didn't become evident until you got into and beyond the STAR,
  • Updates are now automatic.  Check the folder settings after each update: my ProATC-X crashed altogether after the latest update and I found it was saving and referring to flightplans in an FSX/SE folder when I'm actually using old style FSX.  I don't why that would make a difference (or where the FSX/SE folder came from as I've never used it) but having corrected it, my next flight worked flawlessly.   

ngxu_banner.png

To get this fixed, post this question on the Pro ATC forum along with the log file from a flight where this happened, and they will be able to tell you what is going on. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Russ - No I manually tune radios as I have hardware radios so want to avoid automation if possible.

Bob - I have already registered on the site and posted, Ill take a look at the log when I get home.

Ailchim - I will recheck updates and my navigraph data.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Chris