Sign in to follow this  
Gnacino

Prepar3D registry AppPath entry not found........

When I load a T7 ac, I get a message, "Prepar3D registry AppPath entry not found, PMDG options file cannot be checked/updated".  What does this mean?

I only have FSX,  I click ok, and the ac seems to be ok.

George Nacino

When I load a T7 ac, I get a message, "Prepar3D registry AppPath entry not found, PMDG options file cannot be checked/updated".  What does this mean?

George Nacino

The aircraft may still fly just fine, but if you try to change any options on the aircraft, the file will not be updated/saved for next time. This is a registry issue on the P3D side of things.

Kyle Rodgers

The aircraft may still fly just fine, but if you try to change any options on the aircraft, the file will not be updated/saved for next time. This is a registry issue on the P3D side of things.

The OP says he only has FSX installed. Why does he even receive a message that involves P3D registry issues?

The OP says he only has FSX installed. Why does he even receive a message that involves P3D registry issues?

Good question...

Kyle Rodgers

Have you ever tried to install P3D or any add-ons that have a P3D installer?

no, never had anything to do with P3rd.

This is what concerns me - "but if you try to change any options on the aircraft, the file will not be updated/saved for next time." What a mystery.

I thought I try here first, wait a week then contact PMDG.  Funny thing is, the message is sporadic it doesn't always pop up. It doesn't matter which livery  I choose.

George Nacino