P3Dv3 recognizes my CH Eclipse Yoke but when I installed the latest CH Products software manager I lost my connectivity with the sim?  P3Dv3 did not recognize the yoke in the pull down menu and so I uninstalled the software and got my yoke to work with P3Dv3 again simply plug and play style.  The only thing is I have no way to calibrate the yoke.

Is there any way to calibrate this yoke without the CH products software manager program?

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Yes you Can.

Not sure what operating system you are using, but I'm sure its simular in Win 7 and 8.

In Windows 10, go to your Windows Control Panel. Select "Devices and Printers" . Your yoke, throttle quadrant and pedals should be listed in the "Devices" section. Right click on the one you want to calibrate, and select "Game Controller Settings". A new windows should pop with all your Game controllers listed. Select the one you want and select "Properties". A new pop up window should appear. Select the "Settings" tab and in there, you will see a "Calibrate Tab.

Good Luck

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Rick,

They will be listed under Human Interface Devices.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I use three CH products - yoke, throttle and pedals - all calibrated through FSUIPC. Excellent results. I use Windows 10 and P3D V3.

JJ

I will try the Win 10 approach to calibrate as posted by Rick. 

I never was sure what FSUIPC was all about?  After all the sim runs fine without it.  I know there is paid and unpaid version but not quite sure what the advantages are with a paid version of FSUIPC. Is it really worth it?

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

John,

I use the registered version of FSUIPC and I just touch the tip of the iceberg in using its capabilities. For one thing, it allows you to profile your controls, buttons, and keys for each aircraft, individually. Why do this:? Here is a good example.  I spend a good bit of time flying the MilViz B55 Beech Baron. The B55 in real life has a unique throttle quadrant configuration where the throttle levers are the middle two levers and move in the opposite direction. i.e. from bottom to top (firewall). MilViz modeled their B55 to match. So the B55 is the only airplane I have that uses that pattern and I am able to individually configure the B55 accordingly in FSUIPC. That is one example. Then say you have some flight control buttons that you would like to assign differently from one airplane to another....

FSUIPC also can be scripted to start addons as you start FSX. I have FSUIPC start my FS Global Real Weather, start it in Dynamic mode (live real world weather), and have it inject weather automatically.  All of that can be scripted into the .ini file.  

I use Saitek controls, including a Saitek Multi-Panel (panel with autopilot, flaps, and trim wheel) and use a 3rd party driver/app called Spad.Next to drive the panel as Saitek's driver is crap. FSUIPC also starts Spad.Next automatically when I start FSX.

Autosave! Three years ago when using the Radeon 1GB video card that came standard in my system at the time, I had trouble with OOM crashes in FSX, especially when flying in 3rd party cloud textures.  That is when I began using FSUIPC's Autosave function, which saves you FSX flight and weather at intervals you determine. I have my settings to autosave at 5 minute intervals and save a total of 10 files. These are used to recover a flight and continue from the point at which the flight was saved. Great for repeating transitions and approaches for practice and proficiency.

FSUIPC also gives you more control over weather. A lot of additional control. At this point I only use it for smoothing winds. FSUIPC in the process of smoothing removes extreme changes that might occur with either corrupted weather data during weather injection, or when the weather changes abruptly from one injection to the next, usually a several minute interval. For instance changes can be abrupt in the vicinity of say a weather front and can catch you off guard when the weather varies significantly from the previous injection to a fresh injection. Smoothing can be applied to pressure, turbulence, temperature.  FSUIPC also provides some control over cloud layers, which is helpful if you are using detailed 3rd cloud textures that tax the limits of your system.

Hope this provides a better idea of the capabilities. Like I said above, I just scratch the surface.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere