Sign in to follow this  
Hendu12

Why am I lagging on multiplayer?

Out of all the years I have had FSX, it seems like multiplayer has never lagged, at least not much as it does now. I have FSX-SE now, so I don't know if that's the culprit, but more importantly, it seems like the other planes are causing the lag. I can look down at the floor of my cockpit, or in a direction not facing any other aircraft, and it stays consistently 30, now if I have the other aircraft in sight, the farthest it will drop is 19. I don't know what the problem is, do any of you know how to fix it? Please tell me.

If your computer is pulling payware textures for other aircraft (and other aircraft typically show up at 10 miles or less) then this can slow  your frame rartes down, especially with older processors or graphics cards.

There is a fix for this if you're using FSINN on VATSIM.  Let me know which online network you're flying on.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.