Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

The voices of both pilot, co-pilot and controllers are lost occassionally

FLying my first RC4 flight in P3D3.0 and sometimes the voices are lost. I'm pretty sure that it's something wrong with audio as I clearly see that RC window shows all the communications.

Any ideas?

For example, I can hear the pilot and co-pilot, but I can't hear the controller

More details.

When RC is active, either controller's or pilot's voice is heard and also the audiostream on all other external links such as LiveATC, Youtube, Spotify is blocked while RC is active. Once RC is deactivated (removed from active flight), everything is back to normal. It seems like RC somehow interfere with normal PC audio, but I cannot understand how.

Would appreciate the solution.

RC works directly through your Windows .wav slider in your audio mixer.

In the RC voices tab check your selections. Clicking on a name should play a test wav.

As far as audio confliction, I'm not sure how priorities are decided in Windows.

RC also pays attention to the frequency your COM1 is tuned to. RC has its own frequency database. For airport areas the frequency used preflight by looking in the controller tab. You should know that if you redefine a com frequency, it is not sticky and when you start a new flight it will go back to its internal database.

Remember in RC you'll only hear voices using the frequency your COm 1 is tuned to. If you are on tower you'll only hear ai on tower frequency  and the tower controller. To keep up audio performance, when on approach or departure, RC limits the number of voices you will hear.

Right-click the speaker icon in the system tray and check settings for individual applications. You may find the RC one has had its volume reduced.

There is a way of telling Windows not to change volume levels for individual apps. I'll try and dig it out later.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Folks,

Thanks for your help. I will try later tonight and report.

Again, it's not about the volume, it's about conflict in devices. I have Logitech G930 Headset, while Realtek Audio is my MB audio device. Have been using this combo since FS2004 days, never had no problems.

Again, here is the story - once RC is activated within P3D session I can hear either pilot or controller, not both and it's not about COMMs. More scaring fact is that RC is blocking ALL the external applications, such as YouTube, LiveATC for sound streaming. There is a clear causation pattern - if RC is active, all other sounds are suppressed. Once RC is disabled - everything is back to normal.

This sounds more like a Windows problem than RC. I would be amazed if RC had the capability of blocking other sound sources. If it did then people couldn't run RC and FSX on the same computer and hear the engines.

What has changed since things worked correctly? Not RC. Probably not Windows. P3D has. Did RC work okay with the previous version?

No other reports here from P3D v3 users so far. Neither Ron or myself use P3D so any help we can give is theoretical.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have clean W7Pro-64 install. I have always though that sounds settings is the most simplistic part of Win set-up. So, I'm puzzled now, hopefully I will be able to figure out something later tonight. 

UPDATE:.

1. Loaded NGX at FSDT KLAS

2, Loaded RC4.3

3. Checked YouTube, Live ATC - both worked well

4. Activated FS2Crew and boom....all the external sounds are gone as well as Pilot's sounds on RC4.

Was able to reproduce this situation twice.

So, I presume that it's FS2Crew I have to deal with.

Thanks and I'm moving into different forum.

Try deselecting "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority" in your windows sound settings.

sound.jpg

Ron,

I did a few testing last night and it's rather configuration problem, then FS2Crew problem.

Here is the story.

P3D itself, FS2Crew both use Logitech G930 USB Headset, but RC4.3 occasionally tries to use both Logitech G930 speakers AND Realtek Windows Driver. The latter doesn't use Logitech headphones as speakers OR I just have no idea how to link them. That's why sometimes RC4.3 pilot voice is on G930 speakers and controllers' voices are on Realtec. Also, LiveATC that uses for backgroundis enforced through Realtec and not G930  ONLY when P3D is active.

Of course I uninstall G930 and uses Realtec 100% of the time, but G930 is a superb quality, HF wireless USB set. Had no problems with that on my old PC at all. 

PS. I read both RC4 and FS2Crew FAQ from bottom to the top and back.

RC4 does not pick your output. It is your Win defined default .wav output.

RC4 and FSUIPC are not too demanding on computer performance. RC preassembles it commands in RAM before outputing it to theaudio drivers.

Since you have a driver channel confliction thing about running RC over WideFS network on a not too expensive workstation and use either your headsets on that and speakers on your P3D host.

Apparently you might either have lost flexibility assignments on your host or other setup problem requiring exclusivity from one app for the audio channel being used for headsets.

You might be able to get a hardware audio mixer to combine each headset output into a single headset socket either a cable splitter in reverse or an electronic mixer. Also look at how in Win 7 your device audio outputs are linked to various channels. On the Win 7 PC I am finishing up there is in its bios the ability to link each audio device to a selected output. It is part of the NVidea card setup for one and there should be another device output setting. I'm thinking of a setting for the HDMI output and another for a second monitor on a two monitor setup. On a single monitor setup use the headset output on your monitor for the output channel coupled to the monitor in the video driver and you have the audio card driver headset output both fed to the inverse splitter..

The most recommended setup by users here is the two PC setup over WideFS. Then using the inverse cable splitter or an audio mixer, you can feed both PC audio outputs into one headset. At speech frequencies audio phase delays of each PC should not be a problem but no guarantees.

These are just ideas to toss around off the top of my head to get rid of the confliction of audio output devices between the two applications that demand the same channel apparently caused by P3D inflexibility.

Good luck. :)

Ron,

The problem is that the only things I replaced in my PC were new SSD and 980Ti. Win7 remains the same, the headset is the same, Mobo and CPU are the same. Everything worked right before my recent upgrade. Now I can hera P3D and internal sounds such as FS2Crew and EZDOK, but no more external sounds such as RC (either left of right channel are streamed via G930) and no more Live ATC. 

Pathetic :-(

I just switch back to my Sony analogue headphones and all the sounds' management is back to normal (except for the fact that I lost the superb quality of G930 which is USB-based).

Would appreciate any advice regarding not very expensive (less than $200) analog headset