Sign in to follow this  
flyingpogo22

Entered star in fmc freezes the fmc

Hi,

I planned a flight from Charlotte to Norfolk, VA and when I was enroute, I entered the star "drone1" and tried to execute it it just freezed and won't do anything then I pressed another star - Terks2, pressed execute and all was fine. Is there a problem with the fmc can't read drone1 or was drone1 a bad file? I'm using the data that came with the plane. Thanks! Brian

Brian Pogorek

Hi,

I planned a flight from Charlotte to Norfolk, VA and when I was enroute, I entered the star "drone1" and tried to execute it it just freezed and won't do anything then I pressed another star - Terks2, pressed execute and all was fine. Is there a problem with the fmc can't read drone1 or was drone1 a bad file? I'm using the data that came with the plane. Thanks! Brian

It is not frozen in you can still enter TERK2. Maybe DRONE1 as it existed in 2011 has a waypoint or waypoints that the current DRONE1 does not or waypoints have been added that did not exist in 2011. You probably need to update your AIRAC cycle to the current AIRAC. Do it from this site - https://www.navigraph.com/FMSDataManualInstall.aspx.

I don't know Michael, the current procedure is numbered "1" dated 12152 so in 2011 is may have been a "9".

OP didn't mention where he was or what his enroute plan was and withheld as much information as possible. Goodness.  I notice DRONE1 is for S/SW arrivals and TERK2 for W arrivals, which is why I wonder where he was in his enroute from KCLT.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

I apologize if I did not provide enough of information. The flight route was Meril7, Meril, RDU, Drone1 and select runway 5.

I entered meril7, Meril, RDU successfully and when I was nearing RDU, I entered drone1 to set up for the approach, fmc frozen. I selected terk2 and rerouted my route to KORF without problems. I wasn't sure what was wrong with drone1 in my fmc. If you could try that route please let me know if you are experiencing the same freeze?

Thanks!

Brian

Brian Pogorek

"I entered DRONE1.." I assume you clicked the LSB for that STAR but if it was frozen how did you change the selection. Was the CDU frozen or just the selected STAR did not display the transitions? Did you select the STAR before you selected the approach? If you had an approach selected before the STAR, which approach was it?

I'm in the middle of a flight so it will be awhile before I could run the same scenario.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

Actually I did the route twice. The first time the cdu frozen completely. Rebooted the simulator. The second time the CDU did not freeze but I could not press execute. I choosed rwy 5 then choosed the drone1. No go. I then choosed terk2 and executed it. It was good and I changed to rwy 22 since terk2 comes to Norfolk from the north west of the city.

This is the very first time I ran to problems with this star approach. Everywhere else worked perfectly. I am thinking it had to be the star because I did not have any problems with star at any airports.

I hope someone can recreate the same route and see if someone run into the same problem I am experiencing.

Thanks!

Brian

Brian Pogorek

Hi,

I guess I solved my own problem. What I did was uninstall the pmdg 737 and deleted the folders. I reinstalled it and all seemed to be working properly. The drone1 is working just fine I was able to execute it. I appreciate your help on this issue.

Thanks!

Brian

Brian Pogorek