Sign in to follow this  
yvesamuel

OOM over England in P3D V3

EGLL (Mega airport) even without orbx england give an OOM if you're more than 1024 ... even with only global ....

EGLL + 777 + global + 1024 = no oom ....

This has always been the case. In 12 years I've rarely managed to get into Heathrow without an oom

14ppkc-6.png

My only OOM I had in my career was with Windows XP, FSX and NGX in UK2000 EGLL, FS GLOBAL, VFR ENGLAND HORIZON . I never ever had an OOM again in FSX or P3D with Windows 8 64 bit.

But I am careful with my graphical settings, no HDR textures (1024 resolution), no ORBX, no FTX, no AI, boat etc. traffic (only road traffic at 5% at night, and IVAO AI), and also disable sceneries that I do not use. Never had an OOM with complex aircrafts. Works.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

This has always been the case. In 12 years I've rarely managed to get into Heathrow without an oom

I've rarely managed to get through real life Heathrow without getting a stroke.

• Upvote 6

Think want you need.. Deactivating all them London airports and just use global and try the same flight.

This. Deactivate all addon airports in your scenery library, only turn them on when you're planning to fly to those airports. There's a high concentration of airports in London that can easily OOM a system. And has has been said, Orbx regions are notorious for not sitting well with addon airliners.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Then on my system must be something "wrong"

I have all orbx regions installed except ireland, ALL UK 2000 airports, Aerosoft EGLL, UT traffic, REX clouds and the pmdg 777 installed.

I am able to start at egll fly to Orbx EGFF and than back to EGLL and there i usally enter a holding pattern above the city to stresstest.

Well up to now i didn't get any oom with my setup (most sliders mid, airtraffic 45, water medium clouds details with rex softclouds)

For my p3dv3 did wonders.

Because i am on business travel i cannot provide you with the exact settings of p3d.

Cheers, Carsten

Carsten U

To be honest, using FTX England and EGLL UK2000 with the 777 is just asking for trouble - even in V3.     You still need to manage expectations with V3.

This. Also make sure that if you're flying out of EGLL you have your other payware airports in the general vicinity (EGKK, EGLC, EGSS) unticked in the scenery library - no point in having them using VAS if you're not flying into/out of them. If I'm using payware airports I only have the departure and arrival airports ticked in the scenery library.

I have a simple rule I follow, NEVER have the region loaded when flying PMDG or similar style into a complex addon airport like Heathrow, Seattle or Sydney. When you are leaving it is okay to have the region loaded, because now V3 puts it away as you leave. Still it is better to use the regions for your shorter flights and only Global with your heavies and heavier airports.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I have a simple rule I follow, NEVER have the region loaded when flying PMDG or similar style into a complex addon airport like Heathrow, 

Good rule.  I follow the same.

I have a simple rule I follow, NEVER have the region loaded when flying PMDG or similar style into a complex addon airport like Heathrow, Seattle or Sydney. When you are leaving it is okay to have the region loaded, because now V3 puts it away as you leave. Still it is better to use the regions for your shorter flights and only Global with your heavies and heavier airports.

That's some great advice and duly noted.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Say you've got an empty 5 gallon bucket. Your PMDG aircraft uses 2 gallons, Orbx England weighs in at 2 gallons, and UK2000 stuff is also 2 gallons. Trouble is not too far away...

I don't care how good P3D is at "emptying" the bucket when it's done with unneeded scenery - one still must be mindful that you can still overload P3Dv3 if you have an extreme concentration of highly detailed aircraft and scenery in one area.

Almost seems as if there is a competition out there who is the first to be able to produce an OOM in P3D v3.

I'm sure there are scenery developers working on projects right now thinking they can abuse the improved memory management in P3Dv3 and FSX:SE. These devs will push the memory envelope even more than they already have and when things don't work right, the customers will undoubtedly blame Lockheed for failing.

Oh well...

LOL! Actually they will blame each other! Orbx will blame airport developers, airport developers will blame PMDG, PMDG will blame Orbx and in circles we go. Just as it is now.

Guest JustanotherPilot

I experienced OOM several times with UK2000 EGLL, Orbx England and PMDG 737NGX in v3 until, I changed aircraft to aerosoft Airbus A320. To date, after several flights using the same scenery/route no   more memory problems.

Oh how nice 64 bit will be.

I don't think that 64 bit is going to happen for P3d.

LOL! Actually they will blame each other! Orbx will blame airport developers, airport developers will blame PMDG, PMDG will blame Orbx and in circles we go. Just as it is now.

yes and no, this post will probably get removed as well for not being fluffy and nice. 

pmdg, orbx, and LM couldnt give a monkeys, they want your money, its that simple,  In the years ive been simming its amazed me how naive simmers can be.

This less OOM marketing ploy is  just that, its another to get those dollars from your pocket.  I dont care you cook it, the outcome is the same.  The issue is the minute your sim gets to that magical 4000 is going to OOM theres no way to stop it.

Theres no coding PMDG can do to stop it, theres no special pill that Orbx can make, that makes scenery less vas agreeable.  

Its a marketing ploy to get you to switch over to v3.  head over to their websites and pay them your hard earned cash.  Thats it, it really is that simple.  And people are doing it, the same as they are "donating" Davies money for him to buy an ibook on twitch.  Its a con.  

Its was the same 10 years ago, and it will be same in 10 years time.  you want to fly in a pmdg product to large airport with addon scenery you have to dial down all the dials lower the textures and realise that that product you bought for alot of money only will work when you turn everything off, because the sim you are using is 32 bit and its old, and microsoft flogged it for all its worth, got some money from it and said thank you very much I think theres more money in consoles.

Sorry for a negative post, buts thats the cold hard truth of it.

14ppkc-6.png